Thread: Sore hands

Default Sore hands

I have had aching hands for a couple of days now, and I know you're all saying "carpel tunnel" but this aching is in my middle, ring and pinky fingers and from what I've read CTS is usually predominantly the index finger. I have very minor swelling (can still get rings on and off) but no tingling or numbness. It's really annoying as I can't play my violin with it which is inteferring with my teaching...

Has anyone else experienced this and been told if it is actually CTS or not??

Funny you should mention this, I have just experienced the same feelings in one of the my hands, just figured I must have strained it some way but didn't know how. Can't offer any advice though, I'm interested in finding out what other have to say.

cheers,

Donella,

I would get it checked out when you next have a hopsital appt. I would say it is CTS.

I had CTS when i was pregnant with Alex and i was given braces to wear and they help so much i was able to sleep and use my hands so much more than i did before i got them. A few weeks after having Alex my hands where much better.

Melinda Guest

Nope, not just the index finger with my CTS! Unfortunately it extended to all my fingers (thumbs excluded) and both hands became entirely numb/tingly.

It was a gradual progression though, so it could be the start of it for you. I hope not though!

Sounds like CTS. I had it about 8 years ago when i was teaching learn to swim from repetative catching of kids and strain to my wrists it caused the swelling, tingling and numbness in my hands/fingers/wrists and sure enough was CTS. My Dr prescribed R&R which meant no teaching until it had calmed right down. Anti inflamitories were given to me to help reduce the swelling and excercises to help move the fluid about. I hope it doesn't effect you to bad because it's such a pain to deal with and also can be extreamly painful. I would let my DR/MWife know at my next appointment if i were you.

Take care

Melinda Guest

Painful is right!!!

hope it improves soon for you donella,

Linda