Thread: Sore knees and hips

Default Sore knees and hips

Can anyone tell me WHY I am experiencing sore hips and knees while I lie in bed, only to find that they are fine during the day or as soon as I get up to go to the loo? It doesn't make sense! There doesn't seem to be any correlation with how much exercise I do during the day - some nights I have no pain other nights heaps!

Sorry I don't know the reason but I get it too. I am thinking it's something to do with relaxin maybe and my legs just stretching further than they should

Anyway I have found a pillow between my legs when sleeping really helps me.

Hi Roryrory

I agree. It is probably relaxin starting to work overtime

Rory, are you using a pillow/cushion between your legs at night? When my pillow slips my hips start to ache, but it just goes away when I get the pillow back there to decrease the drop of the top leg

thanks guys - will try the pillow and commiserate myself with the thought that body is just doing what it should

Silvi Guest

I'm having the same problem, and find that when I place a pillow between my legs at night I get calf cramps...

Any suggestions?

Silvi, maybe you should try a thinner pillow. I finally did last night and had a cramp free night. Goodluck.

Love

I have a similar thing with my hips.. i think its possibly due to my bed not being soft enough? We were bed hunting over the weekend and this was sugested to me prior to even saying i was getting sore hips..

It's frustrating isn't it! Bed is supposed to be comfortable! So unfair. I use a pillow between my knees as well, and just do a lot of tossing and turning and general whinging

Yep me too Nelle.. its so very uncomfortable when you cant sleep on your back or your stomach and when you sleep on your side you get sore hips! Makes even the general lack of sleep during pregnancy even worse!

Fee Guest

I've had sore hips and achy legs for ages now but in the last week it has gotten so much worse! It's so bad it keeps me awake and by the early hours of the morning I can barely stand it. I can't sleep in past 6.00 am. I just have to get up as the pain is so bad.

I figure there's not much I can do only 17 days to go!