Thread: Sore spot

Default Sore spot

I have a very sore spot on my belly, just next to my belly button, about the size of my palm. It feels like a very bad chinese burn, like the skin is so stretched it's burning. I feel it on the outside and also under the skin. Only thing is my skin is not that stretched. Should i be worried about this at all? It's so painful i actually have to stop what i'm doing until it goes away, which can be up to an hour or more.

Is the palm sized patch a different color or texture? You didn't put a hot cuppa on your belly next to your belly button?!
    Could bubs be pulling on the cord near the base so it's pulling on a bit of the placenta?

No, the colour is no different and my placenta is no where near there.

I get something similar when it seems the inside bits have grown faster than the skin has expanded to accommodate the greater volume. It can be very specific or soemtimes a bit more all over the place. Rubbing in some extra moisture seems to help. I use nice moisturiser, Bio Oil or almond oil with some essential oils. If it's really bothering you, can you call your OB or MW? Hope you feel better soon!

I have a similar feeling that comes and goes on the top of my belly, kinda under my boobs. I dont have any stretch marks at all. Its been there for while and can really be annoying. From what ive been told its just the skin stretching and is common.

skyelar Guest

Sounds like neural stretching to me Tegan it is like a stinging/burning sensation.
    I have had it with both pregnancies now & nothing stops it for me anyway. If you brush it with your fingertips does it hurt even more?? Mine does it is horrible....my Ob said it was the nerves under the skin getting stretched. I don't have any stretch marks either but the pain is still there.

HTH

mummymeegs Guest

Tegan - I have the same thing. I mentioned it the other day to the sonographer when I had an ultrasound and he said that most women will have a tender spot somewhere. It always happens to be where they most need to put the bloody ultrasound thingy (that is the technical term btw!! lol!). It is apparently due to muscle seperation,and nerve endings?? Funny though, Mine was on the left and has now moved over to the right!!

I've got a tender spot like that at the top of my belly - it's not tender inside when I prod it, it just seems to be the outside layers.
    My guess is stretching too.

I have had the same thing!!! It is very uncomfortable... i had it so bad one weekend i rang the midwives and went into hosp to get it checked out... My obs popped in and said it was the way the baby was sitting... was transversal... Once it moved the pain got a bit better.... The midwife actually said you cna bruise inside from the baby pushing on your muscles... I felt bruised for a few days then it subsided... You can put a warm heat pack on if you want too.... Hope you get some relief.....

~Infinity~ Guest

hey i had the same thing and the skin was hot to touch. it went away after a few weeks.

Skyelar - yep, it hurts even more when something touches it, even my clothes. Seems to happen more when i am sitting.

skyelar Guest

Yep kwym, light touching like clothes brushing it or finger tips hurt way more than if you were to push right into it....bloody horrible isn't it!!!