Thread: Sore Stretchmarks

Default Sore Stretchmarks

On my tummy, i have 2 small groups of stretch marks and one of them is really sore and sensitive to touch and gets really itching all the time. Has anyone had/heard of this before? Anyone know how i can fix this problem?

TIA

Sorry Tegan, not sure about this one. I will flick through my books tonight and see if I can come up with anything.

Jess

Debbie Lee Guest

Hi Tegan,
    It's normal for stretch marks to get itchy. I am not sure what the "medical" reason is for it but, as someone that is prone to stretch marks, mine get itchy when they are fresh. I started getting them when I hit puberty. My skin grows, I get stretch marks. Being overweight doesn't help but I can't do anything about them so I have learnt to accept them. They fade anyway.
    The itching will also go away as they become a little older. Perhaps there is some dermatology cream or something that you could apply to stop the itchiness? Best to ask the Dr. or chemist I guess.
    Hope you don't get too many more!

Pietta Guest

My belly was VERY itchy through most of my preg. It did go away towards the end but my abdomen was so itchy and sore it wasnt funny. I had some sort of mild dermatitis and what helped me was showering in a warm shower instead of boiling hot which is how i like my showers.

I hope that helps a bit??