Thread: Sorry, yet another birthing question

Akeesha Guest

Default Sorry, yet another birthing question

Ok so I just wanted to ask yet another question and I apologise if I am driving anyone mad asking all of them ir repeating myself.

I think just being so close I am starting to think of all the things I want to know or am worried about.

I am attempting VBAC due to my first going over by 11 days and then having to be induced. It ended in fetal distress and emerg c/s.
    I am very keen, almost desperate to have a natural birth this time round and have done all I can to ensure that I am on the right track for this.

My query is, given my first birth experience, is it likely that i will not go into labour on my own/spntaneously?

Or does the first birth have no bearing and regardless of what happened I still have a very good chance of going into labour naturally?

One midwife told me in the beginning that even though I was induced the first time that this was very much like the second time round for my body but another one told me weeks later that this was like my fiirst birth..to my body. So I am a little confused.

Basically I am just not only worried of going over but also not getting to go into labour naturally as well.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

(Kelly - if you see this I was thinking about your reference to my pelvis the other day and wondered if you were relating pelvic issues to me cos I had posted a few days earlier about baby dropping into the pelvis. It all clicked to me yesterday lol)

Lisa

Hi Lisa

There is no reason that you wil not go into labour on your own this time round

The Midwives who gave you conflicting information are both correct in a way. It is true that for your body this is a second pregnancy, but because you did not have a vaginal birth, it is also like the first pregnancy. One of the many things Midwives like to know is that there is no physical reason that you can not have a vaginal birth. There is a condition where the shape of a womans pelvis can prevent the baby being born vaginally. This condition is not common.

Kelly posted a few tips to help start labour a few days ago. An other thing that may help is sex. There is a protein iin sperm that can help make you go into labour also if you have an orgasm this is suposed to help bring on labour.

Hope this answers your questions

Akeesha Guest

Thanks Alan,

Yes it does answer my question. I guess I just wondered if previous experience had stuffed my chances of going into it naturally this time round. Or even lessened the chances.

I have seen the article Kelly posted and read and re read it a few times. Currently I am having some acupuncture done, using some aromatherapy and when I feel like it I am trying the sex thing. Also started last night with the EPO. Had previously been taking them but am back into it. I am not able to force this kid out by the looks of things lol. Just have to wait which creently is sucking very much!

Oh one more..can midwives do a stretch and sweep? Will they perform them? I was considering having it done or at least talking about it at my next appt on Wednesday. However my ob is away so I am unaware of if the middys will just do one at my request.

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

Yes most Midwives can do a stretch and sweep