Thread: spasam type fetal movments Please help ?

Default spasam type fetal movments Please help ?

Hi,

I am 27 weeks 3 days pregnant

I have had this twice where it feels like the baby is having a spasam it only lasts about 30 seconds but its like he is shaking or something.... i feel the vibrations all over my tummy .

I am worried that soemthing may be worng with him.. Has anyone lese had these types of movments

its totally normal!! hehe it feels funny though

I know and i thought WHAT - poor little guy - it felt really wierd its not all the time like i said i only felt it twice... Do you know what causes it - i thought maybe its his nervous system kicking in or something.

I dont actually think its a "spasm" as such...i think thats just what it feels like to us iykwim?

HA! probably

I remember this! I'm positive it was hiccups, though Nothing makes you feel more like an incubator, does it?

I used to get those too. luckily there had been a thread about it here a week or so before I felt the first one so I was never worried about it.....I reccon it feels funky!

Yeah it does it a bit of a shock at first tho - like WHATS HAPPENING...

I had this with Leo about a month ago, and I was sure at the time it was him turning, he is head down now, so I am convinced that was what it was, he went nuts, was like he was having an epileptic fit of something, and it took my breath away it was so strong! Didn't feel like the hiccups I got with Jackson all the time which were a lot more subtle, like a bump every 5 seconds or so.

hey, meegm, our bubs are due a day apart - the race is on!!

DOnt you love it when it literally feels like they are spinning in circles - obviously not but when your tummy just goes crazy!! Love to be able to see whats going on in there that we are soooo excited about!! (Probably the copious amounts of chocolate Im eating!!)

I saw on a programme the other night a little spiel about a baby in the uterus learning to suck its thumb, and when the thumb falls out of its mouth, it gets a little panicky and jerky as it searches for it and tries to put it back in! Amazing huh?

Could be little movements like these that cause those spasm type movements. I've had them too but at 33 weeks now it seems to have stabilised a bit. Now I get heaps of hiccups (these definitely felt different to the shaky, spasmy movements to me) and big kicks and punches. Ouch!

Jo
    x

Thats great Min - hehehehehe mine is a boy too......

That is amazing Chicken little - i didnt know that that is so cute tho.... and yeah i dont think they are hiccups coz when yeah they are like a light rythmical tapping..... def not what i had felt.

Anyway ladies seems normal and i am so happy about that - i was worried that he was having a fit or something... But sounds like it is normal Thank you