Thread: Are spasm/fit like kicks & punches normal

Default Are spasm/fit like kicks & punches normal

I know this might sound studid, but I was just wondering if spasm-fit like kicks or episodes are normal? I can't remember DD ever behaving this in the womb and I was just wondering if it's just Jack being a typical boy and going bananas or if it means something else.
    He seems to have a little fit with arms and legs going everywhere and I mean everywhere, it gets rather painful at times. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? I know I sound be glad that he is moving but as DD didn't behave like this I just feel some reassurance that it is normal would help to stop worrying over nothing.

We are due within a few days of each other and our bub was going nuts last night. I had massive kicks and punches for about 4 hours non-stop. I think this is normal. Mackenzie moved but not for 4 hours non-stop and more so towards the end of the pregnancy. I think it sounds fairly normal to me - I don't think it means anything else except they are a bit squashed for room at the moment!

perfectly normal. both my boys were little martial arts dudes. constant flicking arms and legs around at the same time!

Must be a boy thing Mel - you think I am having a boy and I have been having the same feelings as you are describing! I thought it was weird at first as I can't see Jellybean moving all that quickly in there - its really strange....I wish we could just be able to watch inside our Belly's all the time

I think your right Flossie. From what the other ladies have said too, it does seem to be a boy thing. Charlee never kicked like this before, god help us in the later weeks of pregnancy, hopefully they will run out of room to do karate
    Thanks to you all for putting my worries at rest.
    I guess now I just have to sit back and enjoy the show or beating!!!!

My little bean is doing the same and they can be quite exhausting when he does it all day. Dont count on him settling down just yet Mel - my little man has been doing this since about 27 weeks ..... im 32 weeks now....

i asked a similar Q and most people told me its normal....