Thread: Steroid Injections before Caesar??

Red face Steroid Injections before Caesar??

I am having a caesar on thursday 15th Feb, and am wanting to know if it is normal to have to have steroid injections a few days before having it done?
    I will be 38 weeks 2 days when they do it,, and have never had to have these injections before having a caesar, and my other 3 were done between 37.5 and 38 weeks, so though it was rather odd.
    The doctor just said that if bubba is born before 39 weeks, they give them??

Anyone else experiencing or experienced this with a full term bub?
    i had these with my first DS who was born at 28 weeks,, and they left big dark bruises and left me VERY sore,, so not looking foward to it then having a caesar on top of it.

Absolutely not...and if it were me I'd be telling them what they can do with their steroids! I suspect it is more about covering their own butts than anything to do with you.
    I was induced at 38 weeks and the question never even came up. I ended up with an emergency caesar but DS was screaming as they lifted him out - before I even saw him - so no breathing problems there.
    This sounds really weird to me, if you're not happy with it you have every right to refuse it.

Hey Lil,

Considering a baby is considered full term at 37 weeks, I don't understand why they are wanting to give you and bubs these injections. If you were having the c-sect at 37 weeks 2 days I could understand (because dates are sometimes out) but NOT at 38 weeks 2 days. I would try and question them about this in a diplomatic way (because I know the problems you've had with that hossi) and remember they can't do anything without your consent.

Love MG

P.S. 6 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had steriod injections done at 26wks because they thought Eleanor was going to be born early.

I had her at 37wks 2 days and they did not do the injections again. I would ask why they are doing them.

I would not be giving the injections after 37 weeks

Defintely question this as this is very unusual.

I dont know Lil but i just wanted to say
    6 DAYS TO GO WOOHOO!!!!
    Jen

I also find this very strange. I would definetly be asking a few more questions. I was given a steroid shot at 26 weeks also but that was due to a late miscarriage in Jul 05, they were doing it as a pre- caution. My Ob actually said that if I get past 34 weeks with this pregnancy they won't give me a steroid shot in my next pregnancy.

I hope you get the answers you are after.

Linda

And as I said Lil they are not giving them to me and mine will be 1 day shy of 38 weeks so I dont see why you should need them.

Only 4 more sleeps for me, 6 more for you WOOOHOOOO!!!