Thread: Stinging/tingling feeling on top of belly?

Default Stinging/tingling feeling on top of belly?

Hey Guys,

Over the past 2 weeks or so ive been getting a slight stinging/tingling feeling on my skin on the top of my baby bump/belly. It feels a little under the skin but leaves the skin feeling kinda sensitive. It comes and goes through the day. Theres no rash or any red marks or anything, just this irritable sensation. I feel completely fine otherwise and bubs is still kicking like a truppa.
    Just wondering if anyones had this before?
    I have a hospital appointment today so ill tell them about it but any feedback would be muchly appreciated.

Thankyou!

Yes, I had this in my pregnancy. I was around the same weeks as you are now. I had a sore spot ontop of my belly and it felt like you are describing. It lasted for some time, almost to the end.

I asked my obs and he said it was very normal and was just from the skin stretching. Bubs is getting alot bigger now and slowly running out of room

So no need to worry

Thanks Nadine.
    I asked the midwife at my appointment and she said the same, just sounds like the skin stretching as they go through a growth spurt around this time. Its always good to know and ask just incase.
    Thanks again

Not a problem at all

This kind of pain starts as your uterus begins to push on your ribs from about 26 weeks onwards. You can get some relief by stretching your arms up above your head to make a bit of room.

skyelar Guest

Oh oh oh I had that with my DD!!! Does it hurt more if you touch the spot lightly rather than push on it?? Mine did & that was the way my Ob would question me on it, a light touch with my fingertips on the area was really painful.
    ANYWAYS, he told me it was neural stretching, the nerves endings under the skin are stretching & c#ap it hurts!!! Mine was at the top of my tummy smack bang in the middle just under inbetween my bb's

HTH!

Sal Guest

Yep I had it too, felt like a burn almost! It is neural stretching. Good news: it goes away!

Yep thats exactly what if feels and where it is like Skye and Sal.
    Good to hear it goes away.. hopefully within the next 8 weeks or so

Thanks guys