Thread: Stitch?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Stitch?

Since I was about 15 weeks on, I have found sleeping on my left hand side very uncomfortable, with what feels like stitch starting up within seconds of me getting in that position.

Now I'm getting it all the time, when I walk, when I sit etc. It's about 2 hand-spans to the left of my belly button, but lower down, midway between pubic bone and belly button. It's very localised in one spot.

At my 12 week u/s, the sonographer noticed a 2 cm cyst on my left ovary, but didn't mention it at my 19 week u/s. In fact, I don't think he even looked. Should I be mentioning the pain to my doctor, just in case? Or could it be just one of those things you get when you're pg. I don't remember anything like this with my other three...

I feel a bit silly about talking to Dr about it, but then I worry that it may be the sort of thing you should be telling your medico about.

love
    sushee

I don't get it from lying down, but I have noticed a stitch when I am walking. It's always on the left hand side as well.

Not sure what it is though.

I have been getting a stitch when I walk also, but it is on both sides. I also get a sharp stabbing pain when I am in the wrong position and laugh, sneeze, cough etc. Mainly it is when I walk, and I did mention it at a hospital visit and the doctor said it is normal and just my body saying 'slow down'. I don't get very far before it starts hurting.

The funny thing is I never used to get it when I walked. Only when I slept on that side, ie when there was pressure on that side of my belly. When I turned over, the stitch, or whatever it was, would ease off immediately.

It's only in the last two days that it seems to be constant. Not just when I'm exercising, but almost all the time, even now sitting her at my desk doing not much at all.

I am not that worried, just seems a strange thing to happen. I was walking between 30-45 mins a day previous to this happening in the last few days and aside from getting tired and sometimes the odd BH, getting a stitch wasn't a problem. Was just unusual enough for me to wonder if I should be worried?

love
    sushee

kirsty Guest

Sushee if you are really worried about it (& maybe even if you're not) you should mention it to your Dr. That way either way you get to put your mind at ease over it & you may find out what is going on.

Heehee I feel like a hypochondriac!

I see him again on the 2nd of Feb, so if it's still around then, I may mention it to him. It seems to have eased right off today (almost like talking about it was enough to get rid of it! Lol!) so am feeling particularly silly about worrying about it now!

love
    sushee