Thread: Strange baby movements - Alan?

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Default Strange baby movements - Alan?

I have been having the most bizarre movements from the baby and I will try my best to describe them, but I guess I am looking for some confirmation that they are ok

it is almost like jittering, seizing movements, really really fast and repetitive and very low down in my pelvis, so I am assuming near the head.

I know I have not explained this very well, but I need some other people's experiences

Hi Relle
    I have heard of a few women with this sensation I have no idea what causes it. I have not seen or heard of any problems with pregnancy birth or the baby on mum's who have reported this feeling.

Hey Relle,
    I get a similiar sensation sometimes, well it's what I think is the same, but I would get mine with all mighty thumps and kicks aswell. I posted a thread awhile ago, asking if anyone experiences it as I was starting to worry it might be seizers or something. From what I gathered from other womens experiences who went on to deliver normal babies was that it wasn't all that uncommon. So I stopped worrying and decided I'd ask my midwife next appointment, but of course I forgot, so I'm glad you posted it again and Alan saw it and confirmed it should be nothing to worry about.
    Hopefully I'll remember to ask her next visit , just to confirm it.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Thanks Alan and Mel,

It is just so bizarre and very much feels like the baby is fitting.

Alan - it is so ace actually having a midwife come on and give their opinion on things as well - very reassuring!!!!!

Yeah, where would we be without him, thanks Alan

Could it be that the baby has hiccups. Sometimes hiccups can make the baby's whole body shake and they are pretty repetitive. Just a guess.

Relle, there was a thread in here a couple of weeks back about the exact same thing, I can't remember who posted it, but there were quite a few qomen who experience it. Including me - you are right, I would describe it as feeling exactly like the baby is having a fit, is a real spasmodic repetetive jittering sort of feeling. Freaked me out the first time I felt it, and was so strong it took my breath away!

You are also right about it being ace having Alan around!

Babushka Doll Guest

I get this too, last night bubs was thowing itself around like crazy and it was really starting to scare me to be honest. Bubs gets hiccups alot but this was different, hiccups feel like little 'bumps' every couple of seconds down low where its little chest would be (fully engaged now).
    These other feelings are extremely strong kicks and movements, almost like bubs is having a tantrum cos there is not much room anymore!

Thank Alan for your post! Where would we be without you? X

I had the same feeling and was scared it was fitting and strangley enough ariya does it still at 7wks and she will get the twitches esp when she's tired and even in her sleep. We have been told to keep an eye on it and try and video it but as it only lasts for about 3-45 sec and she is developing normally it is probably nothing.