Thread: Strange Discharge (TMI Warning!!)

mummymeegs Guest

Default Strange Discharge (TMI Warning!!)

I have been in and out of hospital for the past two weeks with some bleeding apparently due to my low lying placenta. The bleeding has stopped for now but now I am having very wierd discharge. I have had thrush on and off for all of this pregnancy so the discharge is atm quite thick and yellowish.. but.. here is the wierd part... it has black bits in it!! Not a lot, just a few black flecks through it. I had it last week before I went into hospital, and did mention it to the Dr, but of course it didnt happen again when I was in there!! I have been tested for any infection and all is ok.. I am scrupulosly (sp?) clean down there due to the thrush and this is totally freaking me out! At first I thought it may be flecks of meconium?? Am I a freak?? Sorry if TMI.. I am so embarrassed to be asking you guys but I really dont know what it could be?? :0

I'm not sure what it could be, maybe phone the hospital or your dr and ask them? Hope it's nothing serious.

Could it be from your underwear?

I doubt that it would be meconium, but I still think you should get it checked out. I know this is gross, but are you able to keep a sample for your doctor??

Old blood?

mummymeegs Guest

At first I thought it was from underwear.. but undies are white!! Flea.. you could be right... just rang m/w and she said it was old blood. BUt it is soo black..like dirt almost!