Thread: Strange things happening...

Default Strange things happening...

I'm only 28 weeks at the moment and have been feeling a little strange for a few days, having some occasional pains (ones I've never had before) and yesterday I think I started to lose my show. From everything I have read it really sounds like it, but being so early on I'm feeling a bit silly - like I'm being overcautious - i probably am making something out of nothing. I have a doctors appointment later this week and can't get in any earlier - am I just being silly?

Hi,

If you think you have started loosing your show then i would get checked out asap by a mw or OB.

Good luck.

I agree with Kristie. Call the centre you are booked into right away and tell them you believe you are losing your show. They should get you in right away and check it out for you. In the mean time, stick a pad on and keep it as "evidence" for when you do see them. The sooner you get checked out the sooner you can relax about it! Let us know how you go.

MG

Thanks for your advice. It's just one of those things that you think can't really be happening being so early on, so I keep thinking I might just be being paranoid (you know, hormones and everything!) I will definitely get it checked out asap.

Rosy - never feel pologetic/guilty/paranoid when you think something is wrong - the mids and docs have dealt with pregnant women many times before and won't think anything of you calling to get it checked out. And it's better to put your mind at rest than make yourself sick worrying about it. And if there is something going on, they might be able to do something about it. And if nothing is wrong they can provide you with the reassurance. Let us know how you go sweets.

MG

I went to the doctor yesterday and everything is fairly normal, although she wants to keep a close eye on me for the next few weeks because it was probably part of the plug . Bub was bouncing around happily, so that was a relief. Apparently this can be quite common, so no big deal at the moment.

Glad things are ok, Rosy. It's better to be checked out and that way you can relax.