Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything I could do to stimulate labor naturally?

Default Is there anything I could do to stimulate labor naturally?

Just one more week to go, but these days are just dragging. I am doing well so far except horrible swelling which is why I am trying to think of things that might stimulate labor...

I have tried walking even though my swelling gets in the way...
    DH and I DTD as we have heard that sperms might hinder things
    I have walked up and down the stairs as much as I could handle

Is there anything else that might help labor to get started naturally?

Sperm can help as it is loaded with prostogladins. They use them in inductions to ripen the cervix. So horizontal tangoes are pretty much top of the natural induction list. Nipple stimulation can help too as that can help with oxytocins.

DTD, DTD, DTD and do it again. We used Evening Primrose oil as lube.

Please never ever use castor oil, it dehydrates you and gives you the runs

If you check out the articles on here there is one on natural induction methods

DTD worked twice for us. The next day we went into labour and bubs was born. I would definitly try this, i also think that you body has to be ready though. You won't go into labour if your baby and your body is not ready. It will happen :-)

Goodluck
    Nikki

Hmm... sounds very promising. Maybe I will make DH call in sick at work until he fulfills my goal! LOL

Well, now that everyone says it will work by DTD... I am hoping that this bub of mine will be out after a few times. Afterall, it will also get my body ready for the baby after several DTD! This works great for the both of us! YAY!

its not just the sperm you want you need to have a raging orgasm too!
    it all goes together..

apparently massaging the webbing between your thumb and 1st finger works (acupressure point).

Nipple stimulation - only one at a time though as 2 causes foetal distress.

acupuncture

and eating a whole pineapple - i'm dubious about this one though - my sister told me this one and i wouldn't put it past her to tell me just to see if i'd do it LOL

good luck hun. i've been trying hard to naturally induce labour also with not a lot of success - DTD tends to quieten things down LOL. but am keeping at it just in case.

Change the curtains! The day i went into labour i decided it was time to makes dd's curtains even though i still had a few weeks left and it was something i planned to do when i started leave. My sister's brest friend went into labour after washing the baby's curtains.

We also dtd the day i went into labour, I can't remember if i o'd or not but I am sure it would help if not at least it makes sex worth it (i am finding it a little uncomfotable in terms of positioning atm but it's worth it if i o).

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsachy View Post
    apparently massaging the webbing between your thumb and 1st finger works (acupressure point).

Nipple stimulation - only one at a time though as 2 causes foetal distress.

acupuncture

and eating a whole pineapple - i'm dubious about this one though - my sister told me this one and i wouldn't put it past her to tell me just to see if i'd do it LOL

good luck hun. i've been trying hard to naturally induce labour also with not a lot of success - DTD tends to quieten things down LOL. but am keeping at it just in case.
    I hope our babies will decide to show up before we run out of ideas! I just got out from my shower and I've been trying the nipple stimulation. My breasts are a little engorged at the moment so it took like forever to stimulate my nipples. Well, at least expressing some of the colostrum out made my breasts feel less engorged. Aside from that, no contractions yet.

Tonight, I will just have to make DH work harder in hope to quicken things. If not, I guess it will just be a time for the two of us to enjoy before the arrival of the baby.

Keep us updated if you go into labor... Let's hope you won't have too much longer to wait either! Good luck hun with your upcoming delivery!

Wow, sounds like DTD really work! I am so excited to hear. DH is scared that he might hurt the baby by DTD at this stage of my pregnancy. So, I could say I'm sexually starved!

Well, well, I will make him read up these posts and prove to him that this might fasten my labor (he's also getting impatient to meet our baby so this will give him heads up)! And of course, it will give me some degree of satisfaction if the baby decides for a later show!

My DP wouldnt DTD as he couldnt get the fact that the baby was right there out of his head so I used EPO capsules to ripen the cervix. Similar sort of effect as sperm

DH heard that our baby's head is engaged and also he heard my doctor commenting that our baby has fine hair while doing an internal. Since then, he's been refusing DTD as he thinks he would hurt our baby's head. But in reality, he's far from hurting the baby's head, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AliBaby View Post
    My DP wouldnt DTD as he couldnt get the fact that the baby was right there out of his head so I used EPO capsules to ripen the cervix. Similar sort of effect as sperm
    LMAO! My DH has that problem now!

Looks like I am once again sticking with the tried and true "when baby wants out, baby will get out".

Can't hurt the baby at all.

I made DH sit and read all the posts. He looked at me and said... yes, but he just feels like he's intruding the baby's head. Well, I reassured him saying that he will need to have an extra long penis in order to reach the baby's head! LOL

I have heard that Raspberry Leaf Tea, Raspberry Leaf Syrup, Rasperry Leaf Capsules work well too.

I was talking to one of the mums at kinder today, and she said she started taking EPO at 34weeks, and it worked for her. She has had 3 10pound babies, and didnt tear at all.

Wow, raspberry tea leaf can really eliminate the tear part. Oooh, that would be so great. With my first, I had a 2nd degree tear. Although it was that bad, I would have love it more if I didn't get it.

Last night, after nipple stimulation and DTD, I got some contractions... nothing too long. Will try again today. Either way, I think the baby will have to come out as I'm getting closer to my due date. Let's just hope the baby will decide to show earlier than expected!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast