Thread: Those last weeks..what to do what to do

Default Those last weeks..what to do what to do

Well all of a sudden this pregnancy has come to a standstill, frozen in time the days are dragging and im trying to fill my calendar up with things to do but ive kinda run out and things seem to fall all in one day, and that just makes that one day fly by and then the rest of the week is like im going at snails pace with everything.
    people keeps saying relax and enjoy it but serioulsy relaxation makes the days slow lol
    all I have is lunch with friends, an engagement party and doc appointments between now and 3 weeks 3 days time.
    any ideas arghhhhh

- Go for a walk each day
    - Organise all your baby clothes (took me a week LOL)
    - Clean out your pantry/bathroom cupboard/linen press
    - Spring clean your wardrobe
    - Spring clean your partner's wardrobe
    - Cook some meals and freeze them
    - Watch some dodgy DVDs
    - Do some gardening
    - Read one of those books you've been meaning to read
    - Sort out those photos/scrapbooking you've been meaning to do

Hope some of those ideas help!

If all goes well, I'm going to spend a lot of time making cot sheets out of some old nursery curtains I found.

I'm working from home for as long as possible, so that I don't go insane.

I'm also going to do a new cross stitch for the baby, and I'm going to get dd1 over for some girlie DVD afternoons

Nest, nest, nest!

Get all those jobs done around the place that you've been putting off. The list above is a good start.

I know that I need to get all our photos printed, up to date and in the kids albums/family albums before this bub arrives and it's photos galore again.

Also, I always suggest a pamper day close to your EDD - got get your hair done or have a facial, manicure, pedicure etc. There'll be little time for those things once bub arrives so make the most of it.

toomany-I dont sew lol

OP-
    - Go for a walk each day- Montana would not walk with me for that long
    - Organise all your baby clothes (took me a week LOL)DONE
    - Clean out your pantry/bathroom cupboard/linen press DONE
    - Spring clean your wardrobe DONE
    - Spring clean your partner's wardrobe yer right
    - Cook some meals and freeze them MIL is doing this
    - Watch some dodgy DVDs
    - Do some gardening BAHAHAH hate it
    - Read one of those books you've been meaning to read ALL READ
    - Sort out those photos/scrapbooking you've been meaning to do DONE

lol as u see im already so organised arghhhh

Quote Originally Posted by cocobambino View Post
    toomany-I dont sew lol
    Well then now's a good time to learn!

I don't sew well either but I figure cutting up some curtains and running some seams up the sides shouldn't be beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanytoomany View Post
    Well then now's a good time to learn!

I don't sew well either but I figure cutting up some curtains and running some seams up the sides shouldn't be beyond me.
    lol i wish i could at least not sew "well"

Go for a swim.
    I discovered how great swimming was in my last weeks and i wish i had of done so earlier.
    Even with other kiddies, you should be able to enjoy it.

Could you start a project with each of your kids, get them to choose something like a cook book to make or something like that.
    You could work on it during the days and they could help after school/kinder etc
    Or could they work on a project for their little sibling, a montage of pictures that they draw and you put together.

Another idea is to write. We are often behind computers writting all the significant events on here, but have you actually recorded them somewhere for you kids when they are older?
    Write a story for your kids - ask them for the topic and some characters (they will have fav types maybe Micheal jackson )

In my last weeks i was still working and it wasnt until the last few days that i got to put my feet up, so although you are finding the time will go slow, do try and savour it a bit as when the little bubba arrives it all changes again. - but i know you already know this!

I used up a lot of my time before my beans arrived making things for them. If you don't sew, you could try learning (it's really not too tricky!) Or, if you don't have a machine, then try something that takes a little less investment to start - like crochet or knitting. Just a hook or two, or some needles, and a bit of yarn and off you go. There's some pretty cute baby patterns out there... little booties, mitts, hats, sweaters, blankets. All depends on how ambitious you feel.
    Or, if that sort of thing is totally not your idea of fun, then try designing a birth announcement, or a "welcome baby" card, or painting a picture for the nursery, or writing a poem for the baby.
    Try something different. If it doesn't work out, who cares?! You're just looking to use up time anyways, and if you learn a new skill in the mean time, then that's a bonus.
    Get some books from the library to give you some suggestions. Or, just skip the craft books, and pick out a few great new novels and escape that way.
    Hope you find something that helps you get through these last few weeks quickly and easily! All the best!

In my first pg, i spent the last three weeks or so rearranging funiture - again and again and again. DH would come home from work and find the couches and TV, etc set up differently nearly every second day. The day before I went into labour I had just rearrange it all again - even moving the fridge. I was really just wanting to have bubs and meet her. She was one week early.

The second time, I was so busy looking after DD, I didn't have time to do anything else. I also wasn't in such a rush to have the baby that time - because I knew how much extra work I would then be faced with - DS was born on his EDD.

I've been stressing about this too as girls in my belly buddies group know...cause I have done everything...so I stole my mums sewing machine that was gathering dust and am starting sewing classes next week.
    Also enrolled in antenatal aqua aerobics, starting next week.
    Im gonna be doing some spring cleaning for my mum cause she works a lot and is gonna pay me (yay) so maybe offer to help out family or friends in exchange for them babysitting when u want a nite with DH or night out with the girls after baby arrives?

Try spread everything out so you have one thing to look forward to each day
    GL

Ooooh, I have a list for when I start Maternity Leave, most of them mentioned above, but maybe some of these idea's might help

Clean our car, get baby seat installed
    Become a social butterfly
    Sleep in!!

Maybe write a poem or journal for your baby to read in years to come about how your pregnacy has been etc?

Quote Originally Posted by MummyNaomi View Post
    Ooooh, I have a list for when I start Maternity Leave, most of them mentioned above, but maybe some of these idea's might help

Clean our car, get baby seat installed
    Become a social butterfly
    Sleep in!!

Maybe write a poem or journal for your baby to read in years to come about how your pregnacy has been etc?

Car is clean, im a total social butterfly lol & sleep in hmmm is this your first child lol im a mum of 2 already so thats kinda mission impossible.

My calendar seems to be slowly filling up with doc/midwife appointments, pre-op appointments, Lunches, UCW party, engagemeny party (2nite) & a 21st, and i have spent today baking which made time fly, so i guess i can do more of that.
    Ive also managed to start freezing meals YAY...