Thread: Tightning?

Default Tightning?

Hi everyone, I'm 36 weeks and as this is my first pregnancy I don't know what to expect. In the afternoons (mostly) by belly starts to tighten and I can feel parts of the baby quite well - all bunched up in the middle. Sometimes my belly looks like an odd shape too. It gets uncomfortable to move and walk around etc. is this normal? anything i can do to relieve it?

thanks, Laura

Sounds like Braxton Hicks contractions to me. Its your uterus preparing for birth and completely normal. If they become painful or quite regular you should get them checked out.

Take care,

I have the exact same thing laura...usually in the afternoon I go for my walk...and they come on really strong...the tightenings etc...and I can feel Bubs really well...all the lumps and bumps.

Perfectly normal.

Hi,

Yes, they are totally normal. Just take note if they seem to form a pattern in regularity as you could be in labour.

My BH started at about 15 wks with this baby ( #5 though), well done for getting so far before getting them

what's regular? like in minutes or something? They happen every day.

Yes like if they are coming every 5 mins or every 10 mins and become more intense and frequent you need to call your ob or midwife.

mummymeegs Guest

Definitely Braxton Hicks vote from me too! They are my best friend atm! I get them every 20 minutes or so!!

I have exactly the same thing... My belly seems a really odd shape some times and I can feel all the babys bits and pieces sticking out.... I think it is that they have ran out of room to stretch and wiggle.... I have also found BH more intense last week.. and seem to come around afternoon as well...

thanks everyone. It's good to know it's completely normal.

Generally doing some physical will bring them on more strongly. Walking or climbing stairs or something like that.
    Like the others say - if the sensations are close together, like 5-10mins and consistent for a longish time (like an hour or more) it might be worth getting yourself checked by the midwives at hossy as you could be in labour!
    But yeah - they are normal and good for preparing for birth.

Also if they are BH's then a soak in a warm bath usually makes them fade away....
    My labour started with contractions 3 mins apart & stayed that way til bubs was born, they just got more intense throughout the day!!

And you dont want to be stuck sitting at the hospital all day if you are coping through contractions at home... they try to fit you into a time frame or help things along too quickly, rather than let it progress naturally!

ana Guest

hi im aslo 36wkspregnant with angel number 4! i know exactly what you are going through sometimes it feels like i have 10kg pushing down on my lower belly and it feels so uncomfortable, i cant wait till i have my little angel. hope all goes well for you!