Thread: Tiny Cramps

angelique Guest

Default Tiny Cramps

Hi girls,

I am on my way to 31 weeks now and I have experienced in these last couple of days, very mild little cramps, like when you are about to have your period. It is not bad and it does not bother me but I cant help but think LABOUR.....

Is this the uterus stretching still or the onset of labour? I am sure I am being paranoid but would like to know if anyone is experiencing anything similar or has.

Thanks ladies

Hi angelique

You are probably getting braxton hicks contractions.
    These contractions are usually irregular. They can last fron a few seconds to over a minute. You may get them every few minutes apart for a couple of contractions then you may not get any for a few hours or even days.

Early labour contractions are usually regular, every 20 minutes or so. they last for somewhere between 30 and 50 seconds. They get stronger and more painful as time passes.

Hope this helps.

Angelique,

I started getting BH around the same time too. Apparently a lot of people have them at that stage but may not be aware as they can vary in intensity.

Until I finished work a week and a half ago, I was feeling them in the evenings before bed. Now I haven't had any for about a week that I'm aware of. I'm thinking I was more aware of them before because of the tiredness factor.

Hope things continue to go well fo ryou.

Mel

angelique Guest

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for your help and advice!

xxoo