Thread: Tips for preparing the pg body for labour?

Talking Tips for preparing the pg body for labour?

Okay Okay, I know that it IS early but I have been thinking about my labour that is still soooo far away but we all know how quickly time flies these days and I would like to be prepared and pretty much, I like learning stuff!

So I am hoping that the lovely ladies of BB and Alan, will be able to share your tips, hints, advice, anything! about preparing the pg body for labour.

I have heard that taking EPO tablets are good for ripening up the cervix and should start to be taken around 34wks and that Rasberry Leaf tea or tablets are good too and should be taken from 32wks.

So what else is there??

Any day now I am expecting my Preggi Bellies DVD to arrive and I can start doing some exercise because I have gotten very very slack and feel a bit unfit at times. So I am hoping with this, I will be physically fit for a good labour and I want to strengthen my legs cause I have heard that strong legs are good?? I also need to start these pelvic floor exercises, ahh I keep forgetting!!

Today I am feeling rather positive towards labour, yesterday I was freaking a bit and actually hoped that I would need to have a c/s due to some reason! But today, I am being positive and knowing that I CAN do this and to do it, I want to be prepared for myself and for my DF.

So any tips would be greatly appreciated

Check out the Spinning babies website, many of the things they recommend need to be started in the second tri, so it isn't too early for you to start some of those ones if you need to.

Ohh I was just on there this morning but didnt even think to have a look for that. Thanks Sherie!

hmm not many suggestions so I must really have everything under control?! Now just gotta wait for my DVD to arrive so I can start exercising - I hate waiting for stuff!

Fletch - Thanks for the pointer. I am checking out the labour and birth forum too. Wasnt sure whether to post this here or there...

Hi Ngala
    Do some reading on positions in labour and birth.
    Have a look at the pink kit
    Perineal massage may be of some benifit
    Rest as much a you can in the couple of weeks before brth
    Have a good support person with you during labour and birth

have started physio classes, combined with my antenatal classes. They give you info on excerises to help baby get into position, exercises to help your back etc.