Thread: Too much movement?lol

Default Too much movement?lol

Hi ladies,

this may be an odd question to ask, but has anyone had a simliar bouts of non stop kicking and turning at certain times of the day. And i mean really ALOT! For instance last night, i counted over 47 kicks!!!. Not sure if it was hicupps. But its happened more frequently, where im starting to worry if the baby is having a 'fit' or some sort of spasim? And id swear its not just kicking, but also i feel like a grabbing, rolling or scrapping sensations too!. Some times my stomach literally jumps up like a circus tent!lol. This is my third pregnancy, and im sure and know that my other two pregnancies were not this active in the belly. ANother thing, is im 32 weeks pregnant, and i thought by this stage, there would be less movement since the baby is getting bigger and there would be less room! Could it be the baby is trying to move head down, as i was told recently at 30 weeks that the baby is in a breech position.

Sometimes id swear the baby is freaking out in its environment and wants to come out!

Mel

i have had a few episodes like that as well and i also wondered if everything was okay in there! my midwife told me something about their nervous system
    developing and it can feel like seizures but thats very highly unlikely... more likely your baby is experiencing more sensations now and is feeling around and just having a bit of a hyperactive moment!

I am 37 weeks and he hasn't slowed down yet!! LIttle bubba has lots of times a day where he has non-stop movements, gets quite painful now, but i suppose it is better than being worried he is not moving.

Sounds like moving head down to me. Both times I have had lots of movement when bubs turns.

Hi Mel,

I definitely experience this. Every single day - more often in the evenings but sometimes all day- its like he's jumping about in there. My stomach looks like a bag of kittens! I'm 39 weeks and there's no slow down. I've never actually counted the movements but in the course of a day I'd have hundreds. Its my first pregnancy so I have nothing to compare it to but other people's reactions when they can see my stomach jumping about the place has made me wonder if its not normal.

When I was pg with Isabelle, from about 30 weeks until she was born, she would kick me non-stop all day from the minute I woke up, until the minute I went to bed!!! Pretty good effort - she has turned out to be a pretty active bub too, not sure if it is related but completely normal! When she had bouts of stillness for 15 mins or more during the day I wondered if everything was ok! She obviously just needed a rest!
    HtH! Good luck!

This bub only just started to slow down at 38 weeks. I had plenty of movements with DD, but nothing compared to this baby - constant, strong kicks and rolls that last for hours (usually starting at 2am!).

It must be the bubs at the moment, my little man is on the go constantly , He has showed no signs of slowing down although he seems to have a day every now and then when he rests. He moves way more then my other 2 did.
    He takes great delight in kicking anything that touches my stomach including my DD and DS.

Thanks all for the replies,

yep i was starting to get a bit paranoid!lol. But looks like its a common thing. So maybe his personality is already showing, in terms of him being active, hypo and likes to have his space!lol. Oh boy.

The point about the nervous system developing, is an intersting thought though. Its all those little things i guess you have to take into consideration. Too bad that my pregnancy books didnt point this out

Mel

Smile

Hi There,

I'm 31 weeks and this is happening to me. This is my first bub and I don't have anything to compare it to but I was told that between 28 - 30 weeks the movement should slow down but no sign of that happening any time soon. From what I'm reading in the above posts it normal. I'm happy about that.

38 weeks tomorrow.....no sign of slowing down and at my last OBGYN he measured at 1/5 engagement thingy. His kicking and squirming and poking 'down there' makes it rather hard sometimes to have a conversation with people! They're like "are you alright?", "you're not in labour now are you?". LOL