Thread: Too much walking

betty.boop1 Guest

Default Too much walking

This may seem like a funny question but I was wondering does anyone get a sore tummy after walking for a while. I went to the shopping centre near me yeasterday and to walk from one end to the other was an effort. I only walk very slow more like a stroll but I seem to be getting more exhausted with walking this past week. I have no idea how I am going to go when Im closer to date.

Very normal, especially when you're nearly 30w PG! Just make sure you take things easy and don't put too much strain on your body

nimchimpsky Guest

Yup, think of how heavy your belly is, and your muscles have to try and support that and hold it up! Just try to sit down for a bit when you feel a bit sore

just moving to 3rd trimester general discussion

I have always walked and jogged and havent been able to because of back pain and now hip and pelvic pain since about 20 weeks. Hope you can find something that works - I love pilates/yoga/aqua aerobics!!! Good luck and take it easy when shopping!

yup your ligaments are all soft atm. dont overdo it

Absolutely and it only gets worse!

betty.boop1 Guest

what about your ribs mine lately have been very sore and feel as though they are bruised or something, sometimes I wonder if I should get them checked out thats how painful they get. Also at night I will constinetly change sides to sleep on as my hips will get so sore that some nights i get up and get so frustrated cause i cant sleep due to the pain. Listen to me whinge and Iv still got another ten weeks of this.

sounds all normal hun! Have an awesume 10 weeks ahead

So you mean walking 3 kms while running errands everyday is bad at 30 weeks? I better hurry up and get my P's so I can drive everywhere.

OMG I am so sore and exhausted. Usually i'd take the dogs for walks, but lately DP's been taking them up to Olinda (which is on the side of a mountain more or less) so I've been not going with him ... today we walked around Birdland, just he and I, maybe just over 1km and I needed many rest stops, and had a nap when I got home. I felt like I'd just walked closer to 30km than 1! I can't wait to get fit after the birth again!

gigi01 Guest

Hey Kaz - me too! Went for a big walk today and am soooo sore in my pelvis and what feels like cervix.....ridiculously exhausted. looking forward to a nice rest tonight....you too I hope!

gigi xx