Thread: Tricks for remembering PG vitamins?

Default Tricks for remembering PG vitamins?

Just wondered how many of you still take them as often as you should. I must admit I have a terrible memory, and did take them every day for the 1st 12 weeks or so, but after that got really forgetfull and set a reminder on my phone for day and night and still forgot.

Now I have to take Iron tablets ever 2nd day because my iron stores have lowered considerably and I have also become borderline anaemic. So, anyone have any good tips to remember to actually take them - obviously I can't leave them somewhere where Jackson would get them - would make it easier if I could leave them on my dining room place or something!!

goldilocks Guest

I leave my Elevit next to my toothbrush. I figure I'm there twice a day so at least one of those times I'll remember to take it! LOL

Belle
    -xxxooo-

good idea bel! I just have it on the kitchen bench

Do you drink tea or hot choc or something like that regularly?
    My elevit lives in the jar of tea-bags. When i have my morning cuppa - i have to take the pack out to get a tea-bag.
    I also means that people who come over who don't know we are TTC don't see elevit on the bench, and i don't get dumb questions.

I hide mine in my ensuite as we dont want anyone knowing we are TTC'ing. I have mine right next to my toothbrush too and I dont think I have ever missed one.

Reading threads like this one!

I have them in my handbag, kitchen and at work. I tried to have it in the bathroom but the taste of the water unflitered at our house makes me want to gag rinsing my mouth is bad enough.

I find that at some point during the day I remember to take them, usually when I get to work.

I have my line of pills right in front of the sink, so of a night when im washing up i see them staring at me! Of course that only works if i do wash up...if that fails i have a hubby thats is forever sayin 'Did you take your concontion of pills tonight'.

I had two jars.. One was in my drawer at work and the other moved between various spots in my house. I managed to take one pretty much every day.

thanks for the tips - I seem to be doing OK at the moment, I am taking the iron tablets every 2nd day, so I just take them on the odd days, don't ask me how that helps, but I haven't missed one yet - touch wood!

i always take it with breakfast, only have to take it once a day though. it works for me.

i have to take metformin after dinner every night, so have a little toilet bag beside the couch - it's on a low table atm, but as soon as someone with kids come over i just putit higher - i have been taking elevit with the metfomin every night, so have managed to not forget it yet (touch wood) - and been taking them for probably 9 months while ttc. it's a bundy toilet bag, so people who visit just think it's one of DH's collection of bundy things, so are none the wiser!

I take them in the morning with my brekkie. I've always taken my vitamins at this time, so it's not a stretch for me to remember, just habit.

the iron can't be taken an hour either side of milk though because it affects the absorbtion, so I can't take it with breakfast because that normally consists of muesli and coffee

Yup,

Remember to avoid coffee and tea (even decaf) for an hour on each side of an iron suppliment as tannins affect absorbtion too.

I take my iron tablet with 2 kiwi fruits 1st thing in the morning (the C vit helps the iron absorbtion) and then have a shower and do the morning thing. By the time I get around to breakkie, an hour has passed and I can have my decaf and cereal so I take my prenatal vitamin, raspberry leaf and omega suppliments then. I'm lucky to be good at being a creature of habit that way, so it's no drama to remember but you could try setting a reminder alarm on your mobile if that helps. I do that for things like appointments and bills.

ej_1974 Guest

i take my elevit at breakfast everyday otherwise i forget (doh!! pg brain)... I find this time best as its a habit and something I do everyday. The toothbrush is a good idea too as its something one does twice a day ... lucky for me I only take one tablet per day!! good luck and hope you've found this helpful