Thread: Turned breech at 36 weeks still breech at 37, help!!

Default Turned breech at 36 weeks still breech at 37, help!!

Hi all,
    I just want some advice about Breech babies and Ceasers and as well as the types of Anesthesia you used.

Ok My story
    This is Baby number five and I have had four Vaginal births, 3 without pain relief as I have prefered to "Zone" lol. I thought something was up last weekend, but ignored it and went for my 36wk check up with our local midwife and low and behold baby has turned breech. I didn't panic, well yes I did, lol. But I know the techniques as DD#4 was breech from 33-34wks and turned at 37weeks. I have been doing everything I can. I also carry posterior so don't always have a back to rub, but have learnt that posterior breech babies are easier to turn since they don't engage. I am 37 weeks tomorrow and baby hasn't turned, so now I'm getting worried. I don't want a C/S but my OB doesn't deliver breech babies he ceasers them and of course I just want a healthy baby so will do whatever it takes. So just in case I can't get bub to turn this week what type of Aneasthsia did you have for your C/S I have never had an epidural or spinal block, I have had a General when I was 15 and had my appendix removed. I would prefer to be awake for the birth. I am hopeful of bub still turning since I got his sister to turn, just getting a little nervous.

mizzsocial Guest

I went through this at 34 weeks when i was told my bub was breech.. lucky he turned on his own at 36.5 weeks.. i didnt do any special techniques or anthing, he just turned..
    I did read that breech bubs usually turn back around at about 37 weeks where the volume of anomonic (sp?)fluid is the highest..

Good luck!!!!

Oh Dee, you poor thing, that is so stressful! My bub is hovering between breech and transverse (apparently I have an enormous uterus so she moves back and forth) and I have been trying to turn her with the torch, and the down on hands & knees, and getting DH to talk low down on my belly. No luck yet. Both mine have been posterior too, had an emergency c/s last time and looks like a scheduled c/s this time.

Re: the anasthetic...I had a spinal block and an epidural last time, it worked fine and was nothing to be afraid of.

Hoping and that bub still turns for you!

I had an emergency c/s with Mackenzie, I had gas during the labour, then forceps, then the c/s. I had a spinal and it was great. If you can 'Zone' while they are giving you the needle you will be just fine. I got to hold Mackenzie as soon as she was born and they took a polaroid picture of me with her for me to keep while I went to recovery. I was with her about an hour later. It was great and I felt connected with her straight away, my recovery was good too! Good Luck!

Hi Dee,
    First of all good luck in getting baby to turn.
    Second, a spinal block or epi is definitely the best way to go safety-wise. I had one for pain relief with my 1st and 3rd babies and FIL is about to have a knee replacement and has decided to go with a spinal block for this instead of a general because most importantly you can breathe on your own. An anaethetist will inform you of the risks and benefits of both options before they start anything anyway.
    Good luck, and I hope you dont need the C-sect. Not long to go now...