Thread: Turning Bubs??

Default Turning Bubs??

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I'm going for a U/S on Friday as the OB thinks Bubs might be breach still and not certain that it has turned head down. He said that at 38 weeks if Bubs is breach that they'll try and turn the baby to head down. I've heard bad stories about this and apparently it hurts like hell and that there could be major complications like the placenta coming away or the cord wrapping around Bubs.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had their baby turned and if it was good or bad as I'm really scared if they'll have to do it.

Any stories would be greatly appreciated.

Kel, I had an attempt at turning my 3rd son who was breach. For us it didn't work, they got him half way and then had to stop and put im back!! Yes it hurt really bad, but nothing compared to the filthy headache you get from the hormone patch they put on you to stop your uterus from contracting. If they offer you panadol TAKE IT. I didn't as I thought Nah this isn't too bad, in the end I couldn't swallow them fast enough.

I nkow that you can try accupuncture to help bub to turn, also getting down on all fours helps. There is also a website called spinning babies. Have a look on there for some ideas.

Goodluck hun and I hope that your bub heads down south for you

Ive never experienced it but a friend of mine is booked in for a c-section on 28/6 due to breach bubs. Her doctor told her that they dont like to turn them because although most of the time it is ok, it ocassionally causes internal problems. This is just what she has told me the doc said, so I wouldnt take it as gospel - just passing on the info. Hope your bubs does him/herself a somersault on its own to resolve it for you! Either way - Good Luck!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

If they do an ECV (external cephalic version) they will give you something to relax your muscles.

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=6838

Breech babies aren't given much chance to turn these days, often they do just before they are born, but often, they just want a caesar at 38 weeks these days. I was in a breech position in my mum's uterus, was nine days post dates and turned the day before I was born. Mum had no idea.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.