Thread: Two little things

Default Two little things

I had a check up last night and as she was feeling for the position of bubs it was REALLY painful. I wanted to yell at her!!! Especially when she got right down in my pelvis to feel for the head and now today I am just really sore from it. SHould it hurt this much when they do the examinations?? I also noticed a significant increase in bubs heart rate when she had the doppler on. At it was normal but then it really sped up. She reassured me that it was just bubs moving but I didn't feel her move kick or punch at all.

Another question - A little random this time - Is there such a thing as fetal seizures?? If so what would they/do they feel like??

TIA
    Last edited by MummyDuck; April 29th, 2008 at 08:57 AM.

Hi smudgies_mum,

My examination last time i seen the midwife was very painful too I almost pushed her hand away from me when she was using the doppler to find the heart beat, it really hurt!!!! My muscles are really tender and feel like they have pulled sometimes, so its no wonder they hurt when pushed.

As for your other question, i have no idea lol hopefully someone else can help you with that one

Just to add to the midwife being hurtie, while she was doing my examination she had a bit of trouble because I was having BH at the time. It scared and excited me because although I could feel my belly go hard from time to time I thought it was just smudge moving and sticking her bum out. Ever since she tol dme they were BH and ever snce the exam they have been much moe frequent, longer and tighter. Hoping she just upset my belly and things will settle in the next day or so though.

I know BH are good for preparing your body its just how much more frequent they have become since her squashing bubs head between my pelvis!!

Hopefully it will all settle down soon.

I had a bad day of BH's yesterday but have all settled today, so maybe yours will too.

Good Luck

Lea x

I had a check up today and am also sore from all the poking and proding.... I remember the same last time and it settled down after a day or so...

I don't know about fetal seizures, perhaps it's hiccups? My bub gets the hiccups a lot and they can be quite severe like it's having a seizure....

Last edited by Kristin27; April 29th, 2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Ticker problems

I'm a little earlier than you but I've never had an uncomfortable time with OB feeling for position.

I agree with Kristen - could be hiccups - they are apparently very common - although I haven't noticed them yet.

Its funny, I was just meeting with my doula this afternoon and she asked if I had experienced painful palpations from my midwife when she was looking for the head. I havn't yet as my bean isn't really low in my pelvis yet, but she seemed to think those painful examinations were normal!