Thread: U/S @ 32-34 weeks

DoubleK Guest

Default U/S @ 32-34 weeks

hey there!!

i asked my doctor if it was possible to have another ultrasound tpwards the end of my pregnancy... he said i can as it would be more help to him as well...

i havent had any complications or problems, just wondering if anyone else has had an US at about 32-34 weeks?
    is it easy to make out the baby on the screen? im also hoping they can confirm that there is no little doodle that was hiding at the last scan!

Rach

mooshie Guest

hi rach

i had an u/sound at 35wks with my 3rd, to check she had turned - she was breech up until a few days before. i must say i was very disappointed, as it was really quick and i could hardly make anything out, really only saw the head and that she was heading down the right direction, however this ultrasound was only done in my obs rooms, i guess the u/sound centres which have the better machines would be alot clearer.

good luck

I just had another u/s last week to check the baby was growing properly. She was measuring on the smaller side of the scale. Once the tech measured her all up for my doctor, she confirmed for me that she was still a girl for us, as well as that she will just be a small baby.

Now, I don't think that is such a bad thing... =D>

I think it just depends on your tech as to whether or not it is quick or long enough to see if there are any dangly bits...as well as up to the little one wanting to cooperate too..

I had an u/s at 34 weeks and it was great, we could see the gender even, which was good as we wanted it reconfirmed. I thought it was well worth it, even though we were checking for problems, it was good. We got measurements and could see everything clearly xo

Hi Rach,

I had a couple of ultrasounds at 32w with my son. (Just before he was born at 32+4!) You can see everything clearly, but what I found is that the technician looked at his body parts/organs individually rather than looking at him as a whole like you do at the 12w and 19w ultrasounds. I was told that this is because bub is so much bigger at 32w which makes it harder to see all of him or her on the screen at once and you don't get that "classic" ultrasound picture where you see bub from head to toe.

As for the gender of the bub, I didn't actually ask at the 32w ultrasound as I had already asked at my 19w ultrasound and at a 28w ultrasound and was told "boy" both times!

Rach - I am hoping to get another U/S - It feels like ages since I have seen my little baby!!!! 19Wks was my lastone!!!
    I am hoping that i get a different Sonagrapher who actually wants to tell me the sex of the baby - the last one didn't want to tell us!!!

Hope all goes well

Jacci

We had a scan done at 33 weeks to double check the size of the baby.I had GD and they wanted to confirm when to do a C-Sect. The waiting got the better of me and I had to blurt out "what is the sex?" It was the last chance!!! You would think I could wait 4 weeks..Nooo
    Bec

Rachy

We had an u/s done at 33 wks and will have another next week at 37 wks to check on a low lying placenta that hadn't moved far enough yet.

The whole baby doesn't fit in the screen and it's kind of hard to see much of it, but they did measure head (scary!), amount of fluid around the baby, leg size, that kind of thing. My DP got them to check on the gender again 'just to make sure', which they easily did, but we couldn't see her face as she was facing towards my back. We got a great shot of a foot though, when she kicked right at the thingy they use!

My ob also has an u/s in his rooms and I know if we'd have asked he'd use that one on us (as long as I have a reason, I'm guessing).

Good luck...

I have an ultrasound on Monday to check my low lying placenta. I will be 34 weeks (give or take a day off it). I am like you, wanting a confirmation of the sex as well. We were told a 'girl' at 19 week scan, but it would be nice to find out again. Though ofcourse just knowing the baby and placenta are ok is the most important thing.

Cathy

angelique Guest

Hi Rachy,

I am supposed to have one at around about that time too. Just to measure the growth of the baby. I think it is just a re-assurance thing for some OB (and myself also). They want to know what they are dealing with - smaller or larger baby. I guess it is to see if you could give birth naturally or need a ceaser. Since this is my first I assume the OB wants to cover all angles.

Like you I have had no problems either. At least you get to see your baby again before it is born!! That is the exciting bit.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

I'd love another u/s! Like quite a few I haven't had one since 19 weeks, and we couldn't find out what we were having (rather annoying when that's all we can think about!) as the sonographer reckoned she couldn't see everything properly as it was ... so she didn't even try to tell the sex.

As we just go to the antenatel clinic in the hospital for our checkups, we've just had a rotation in our midwife who sees us and I don't think that she would probably let us have another one (just a sense that I get, certainly not as nice and inviting as the one we had been seeing).

Will have to see what happens I guess ... maybe we will if bub doesn't move (currently ROL at last 2 checkups). Have next checkup on Tuesday.

my last scan was at 36 1/2 weeks to check bubs size. the tech was able to identify all of his body part sizes and the fluid around him and yes also that he was still boy!! obviously you cann only see parts of the bady as they are too big by then to see them as a whole. at this last scan he was estimated to weigh 5pd 10oz and a week and a half later he was born 5pd 5oz. i think it all just depends on the accuracy of the measurements taken at the time.

Well I had my ultrasound yesterday afternoon! All went well! Baby is doing well (and confirmed a GIRL!), all measurements are good, fluid level good, she has a big head (but not overly big, just big like my oher kids), she weighs about 5lb 2oz at this point the u/sound lady said. I couldn't see her face as her head was towards my back. She is frank breech (legs up near head), so I hope she turns in the next few weeks or I will have a caesarean.

Cathy

hey rachy

with my first pg we had and ultrasound 4 weeks befor chloe was born just to check up on her and she if she is fine and which way she is lying