Thread: Update on Phoenix and I

Default Update on Phoenix and I

Well haven't been on for a while due to one bad thing after another.

Ok they have booked me infor a c-section for the 23rd march, so 3 weeks away! Bubs is breech too.

Firstly I have GD and they will be starting me on unsulin tomorrow apparently. That I can cope with though, well not the insulin but the GD.

Then they send me for a scan because they think He may be quite large and they could not work out what positiion he is in.

So I go for my ultrasound two days ago and the lady who did it said that he isn't big at all actually he is under average!I was in so much shock and I said your kidding, and she nodded and said he is very very small and weighs only about 5 pounds. I could have cried. He sure doesn't feel like that, out of six pregnancies he felt the biggest yet and all the others were about 8 pounds and up! She looked worried which of course now I am terrified that something is wrong with him and that maybe I did something wrong. I wish she had never told me to be honest. For someone so apparently little he sure feels strong and bigger than that to me, but she said ultrasounds are usually 99% accurate so my boy is belwo average in size she said. Can imagine the tears I shed all that night.

We have also figured out that my pelvis is doslocated and that is why I "KNEW" the pain wasn't just your normal pregnancy discomfort pain. But hey, what would the mother know right, text books know more! So how the heck did that happen if this kid is sooooooooo small?

They also checked for how much fluid I have in there, as I am huge, and I mean huge in the tummy area that si why I swore he was a big babe.I will find out on Monday what the report says from the ultrasound.

So thats my update.

Yay for being booked in to meet your bubs!

I really thought that they were taking a stab in the dark on the 'guessing' the size of bubs. I would have thought bubs would be bigger than your others, isn't that usually the case, the first is the smallest and then they keep getting bigger?

You still have another 3 weeks to go, so bubs would definately grow and also if you have GD, I thought bubs would be bigger??

I can't believe your pelvis is dislocated, ouch!

I would call your OBS or midwife for reassurance.

Good luck I hope all is ok

Soul, big to you hun. We have been missing you in belly buddies and now I know why. I can't believe you have dislocated your pelvis, no wonder you were in so much pain Try not to stress about his weight too much, cos he should put on more in the next few weeks. Feeling strong to you I'm sure is a good sign. You really have had a rough trot this time huh. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you...well except my legs cos I don't want this one stuck inside forever!!!

hi soul wow youve been through alot lately im sorry and i hope you feel a bit better. I was in hospital for 4 weeks before my twins were due because i had twin to twin transfusion where one twin takes more nutrients than the other which then results in one twin being large and the other very small at my last ultrasound at 36 weeks i was talk my small twin was 3 pound 4 ounces i did the same as you and cried and cried for days i was scared she wouldnt survive but 6 days later i was induced only to be told that ultrasound arent accurate they are and estimated guess and my small twin was actually 5 pound not 3 like id been told and she was healthy and perfect and scored 10 on her apgar test. i hope my story helps you feels a little bit better. just remember ultrasounds are an estimated guess. They dont know the exact weight of you bub.

Jooleshere you know what, that is exactly what has happend with my kids. First one was only 6 pound 14oz and then they just got bigger and bigger! So I am so stunned.

He is trying to go head down I am sure of it.

Ozziehoffy N'aw I missed you guys too! They didn't say the pelvis is dislocated, we are guesisng it from the amount of pain and mobility I have. Even stepping into the shower I scream and cry, thats how bad it is. They won't listen to me, they keep saying its just cause its the sixth baby, BS, my pelvis is out I know it, it pops and moves and swings side to side and the pain is worse than labour, yep that bad.

twins_mummy31 Oh thank you so much sweetie, omg it sure did help reading your story.

Australasian society for ultrasound in medicine

Statement On Normal Ultrasonic Fetal Measurements
    June 1991, Reaffirmed May 1996, Revised May 2001

FETAL WEIGHT
    No formula for estimating fetal weight has achieved an accuracy which enables us to recommend its use. It should be noted that errors are reported for one standard deviation only and that even at this level the accuracy is disappointing. BMUS suggest that there may be an improvement in accuracy of about 5% in using two rather than one parameter.

Thats great u meet ur bub soon!! I hope the report has some info for you. All thr best hun.....not long to go. Im sure no matter what his size... he will be perfect in every way!

Good luck Soul Hang in there hun.

They told me they were concerned my DD had IUGR and that she was really small according to the u/s's....well she ended up being 8 and a half pound! So I'm not going to take any notice this pregnancy about the size they say, it really caused me heartache last time when they did that, I can really sympathize. Think positive thoughts for Phoenix, and I bet they are wrong, especially with the GD and your other babies being so large.

Take care of that pelvis too, rest rest rest!

mum5boys Guest

Hi Soul, great you have a date you will meet your little man.
    Sorry to hear you are in so much pain with your hips.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the size of bubs as he has still got a lot of growing to do in the next 3 weeks and they can't really tell 100% how big he is.
    I think you would have more of an idea as you are carrying him and also going off your other children's weights.
    Try not to stress and take care of yourself, you are nearly there.

Michelle

hey there soul, i guess we are both nearing the end of the road... how exciting you know the day, now you can officially count down.
    sorry to hear of your hip problems.
    ps my doc said that guessing the size from the ultrasound, well it is notorious for being inaccurate, so try not to worry about his size, u never know.
    best of luck!!