Thread: using fitness ball to help baby move down

Default using fitness ball to help baby move down

has anyone tried using those huge fitness balls to help the baby move down ??
    my pregnant brain remembered today that we have one, i made my DH wash it and drag it out and ive been sitting on it and rocking back and forth but thats probably not how its done , any suggestions??

No, I would think rocking back and forward would be the way to go. I dont think you should bounce at all. Just some gentle rolling but be careful of your back.

You can also lean forward over them - so you are kneeling or squatting on the floor with your upper body supported by the ball. Roll side to side or backwards and forwards. Im trying this to get bubs to move from my rhs to my lhs - stubborn boy! Apparently they are good to use during labour too.

I used one at the hospital when they were trying to get my labour going. The midwife told me to rock backwards and forwards (like your doing) and also to swivel my hips round in a circle.

Hope it helps.

hi enigma,

I am a HUGE fan of the fitness ball.. great invention. Anyway, i used one quite regulary for a computer chair whilst pg (rocking back and fourth, side to side), and Ben's head was engaged from about week 36 (i think??)... i remember it was early anyway. However, I went 12 days overdue and had to be induced (but i had a very fast labour)! The ball will help move bub down, but im not sure if it will help bring on labour didnt for me
    As for labour. You couldnt get me off the thing!! I loved it soooooooo much...

Try kneeling with your arms and head resting on the ball, swaying your hips from side to side. Also sitting on the ball, legs apart moving from side to side, back to front. My midwife also suggested to move your hips around in a big circle, clockwise.. then anti-****wise.

I used one in labour with Olivia & with Charlie......I LOVED IT.....the rocking and rolling motion was fantastic.......& all the midwives told me it was a great way to open up the pelvis.......I am planning on getting one for my third tri for this baby too.....

thanks for all the advice ... Instead of the couch , the fitness ball is my new friend now - hopefully it will work as well for me as it has for all of you

I actually use my fit ball whenever I'm on the computer.

Okay.. I am off to find mine now and use it....