Thread: Water Consumption

Wilson Guest

Default Water Consumption

Just curious how much water other people drink?
    The midwives all tell me at least 3 litres and i try and drink as much as i can but its probably not always that much.

I dont' really know how much I'm drinking. I'm probably doing the 8 glasses a day thing. Depends on the weather tho I guess. I drink a lot when I'm hot. I think 8 glasses is about 2 litres isn't it? No-one has given me any specific amount to try and drink, but I'm making the effort to keep my intake up more than I usually would.

I find, as annoying as it is, that I feel a lot more dehydrated when I wake up in the night. I am going through at least a litre each night! Makes for toilet stops at least every 2.5 hours which isnt cool

I am drinking about 2.5 litres I think. 3 is hard! Even with 2-2.5 I feel like I am drinking ALL day!

All the way through my pregnancy i have felt really thirsty so where ever i go i have a bottle of water or juice with me so i easily drink 3 litres probably more every day. Consequences being im running for the loo every 20 mins or so but that comes with the territory in general. i have heard your supposed to drink at least 3 litres a day but the more the better.
    Have a great day
    Mel

Yes, I've been drinking a lot too - even all through the night. I'm sure it must be at least three litres, not counting other fluids in food and the occasional herbal tea. Just can't get enough! Susan, I am with you on the toilet stops. Doesn't help with the sleep does it? =)

Something to try (if you haven't already) is some lemon juice squeezed into your water. It makes it go down a treat and is much nicer than plain. Apparently, it's a bit of a tonic for the body too.

I sometimes can only drink a glass of water in one day I don't feel thirsty at all - but then others like today i have already been throug 3 of those 700ml pump bottles. No one has actually told me how much to drink. But i might try and drink 3 litres like your midwife said to Wilson

I have been sooo thirsty for the last few days - I'm beginning to wonder if its normal.
    Has anyone else found themselves getting really thirsty in the third trimester?

Chloe - yes, I can't stop at the moment.

Oddly enough, not much of it is coming back out again so someone is using it!

Ok interesting re: this drinking question. I drink alot not always water. Are we talking mainly water here, or is orange juice/softdrink and milk classed as this fluid intake that we are told to increase? Does anyone know. I try to drink water all day, but I feel like I am really forcing myself!

I'm seriously addicted to lemonade icy poles as well as OJ but I find that if I don't drink lots of water as well I just stay thirsty.

Sheree - I think any fluid helps but at the moment, I'm not having to force myself to drink. It's almost like something that I have no control over. I like Milo and orange juice too but am finding that only water is really doing it for me.

Like Chloe, I like ice blocks too ... Frosty Fruits. In early pg, I also liked foods with a lot of water in them like salads etc. Couldn't get enough.