Thread: Water - tips needed

Default Water - tips needed

Hi ladies

Very excited as this is my first 3rd tri post

Normally I drink loads of water, preg or not - I mean 2 - 3 litres a day as a habit.

However this week I seem to have just hit a wall, and can't remember to drink it until I realise I haven't been to the loo for a long time This has never happened to me before so I am very confused and aware I need to stay well hydrated.

I have a drink bottle on the bench visible at all times, and do try, but gee it is such a challenge at the moment.

Has this happened to anyone else, and/or what would you do??

Thanks for reading!
    Sam

I found I drank more water if I had it as weak cordial. I didn't really hit a wall with drinking water though until I gave birth. I just couldn't keep up with the amount of water I needed to drink to keep hydrated and to keep my milk supply up. I'm still struggling to keep my fluids up even though I'm home. One of the midwives suggested that whenever I'm sitting I should have a drink with me, perhaps if you apply that theory from now on it will get you through the next few months.

Unfortunately i dont have any solutions for you except to aim to drink a bottle/glass an hour, thats what i try and do as i am hopeless when it comes to drinking, unless my mouth is dry i forget to drink water.
    Good luck

I always have a bottle of water near my bed, in the kitchen and in the lounge room. That way, whenever I walk into those rooms, I drink some water. I have 3 750ml bottles, and I make sure I drink at least all 3 during the day, that way I know I've had my 2litres for the day.

I live in a small country town in NSW called Hay. Very remote and very quiet lol

don't worry I am shocking for it to. I know i need to drink more water/fluids but i forget unless i am really thirsty

I think it's called "pregnancy brain" lol

I need to drink more water, but I forget too. lol.
    I have stages where I drink loads, then I don't drink hardly any.
    I'm a slacker.

Good luck with tryna remember.

xx

Yep - placenta brain for sure!!!

I will move the water bottles to more visible areas of the house - at least it doesn't sound like it is just me!