Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Gain!!

Unhappy Weight Gain!!

Hi i was just wondering how much weight everyone has put on as i have just bought scales today and have put on aroung 15kgs:eek: and im freaking out everyone keeps telling me i have only grown a belly and havent gotten fatter any where else but i must have!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I've read that with baby, placenta, amniotic fluid, uterine enlargement, maternal breast tissue, maternal blood volume, fluids in maternal tissue and materal fat store, they all approximately add up to 13.5 kilos of weight that you put on anyway, there for if you look at it you've only gained approx 1.5kgs

Sal Guest

19kg in total, definitely 15kg by the stage you're at. try not to fret!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I put on around 20kgs both times, but now I weigh less than my pre-preg weight
    Last edited by BellyBelly; August 10th, 2006 at 12:29 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I put on 17-19kg, and about 5 of that was in the last 2 weeks!!
    The best thing was I lost 10kg in less than a week! Try not to stress, I'm sure if you are trying to stay healthy the weight will come off in its own time.

I put on about 14kg with #1, #2 I put on about 24kg & this time I have gain about 9kg so far.
    I think 15kg is great. I would be happy if that was what I gain. I wasn't overly happy with the 24kg of last time as I did look fat.

I have put on 17 kgs already after 35 weeks!!! I started at 65 kgs and am now 82 kgs (I'm about 167 cms tall)...everyone tells me that I'm 'all belly' too but I know I must have put some on elsewhere too... I still have a month to go and I wonder how big I'll be by the end of this but I'm trying not to stress about it and after the bub is born then I'll try loosing the extra weight.

I've put on 12kg. I'm too told that I'm 'all belly' but I can see my legs, feet & face have quite a bit of fluid. I've been taking pictures each week and I haven't really changed since week 31, nor have I put on any weight since then. It just gets too tight in there to eat anything substantial.

i have only put on 10kgs this pregnancy last i put on 20kgs. My doctor told me that you put on around 14kg in baby and other stuff. you could always ask your doctor about your weight and see what they think of your gains.

Ive put on about 16-17kg so far

Hehe, Kell, we're pretty much still on track with each other...

I put on 10kgs up to week 29 then lost 3kgs (change in diet for GD) and have stayed the same for two weeks... So I guess I have only put on 7kgs.

I am larger anyway, so can aford to lose.. not really needing to put on anymore!!!

As long as your healthy and bub's is healthy it doesn't really matter what you put on!!!

Hi,

I am 32wks and have put on 7kg so far,last pregnancy i didnt put on anything!!i lost weight throught my whole pregnancy.When i fell pg with DD i weighed 99kg,when igave birth i weighed 92kg so i actually lost 7kg throughout my pg cool! and dd still was a healthy 3.7kg when born!!!

The general rule of thumb is, the smaller you are to start with the more you'll put on, and the bigger you are the less.

It goes back to caveman days because your body would create *stores* in case of famine so that you still had enough body fat to sustain your baby.

Try not to worry about weight, everyone is different providing you are eating well (and no i don't mean dieting) and eating the right things forget what the scales say!

*hugs*
    Cailin

My first pregnancy (45kg at time i fell pregnant) I put on 9kg
    My 2nd pregnancy (approx 50kg at time I fell pregnanct) I put on 6kg
    My 3rd pregnancy (60.5kg at time I fell pregnant) ... currently only 2.5kg @ 27wks gestation. I am sure that will increase as the weeks progress

Love

I've put on 18kg at 33.5w and this is my first pregnancy. I'm all belly and boobs, although there may be a bit around my backside and top of thighs too. Trying not to stress about it!!

This is my first preg and I started off about 64kg and I'm currently 71kg...so seven kilos for me thus far.

We don't have scales, so I have no idea how much I weigh (ignorance is bliss!)

If you're worried though, ask your doctor/midwives if your weight gain is healthy.
    And of course you've gotten fatter in other places, it's just that in proportion to your belly, you'll still look small! I reckon my bb's and butt are massive, but they look small still, cos of the belly And like others have said, all that other...stuff. Extra blood, fluid, icy poles (ahem). Just be healthy..for the most part..and check with your dr/midwife if you're really unsure.

And put the scales away!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast