Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this is weird: liquid has been dribbling out down there

mummy_in_training Guest

Default this is weird: liquid has been dribbling out down there

the last two days, clear liquid have been leaking out down there, I was drinking a drink standing up and I started dribbling liquid onto the floor, I am 40 weeks tomorrow and I have been on bed rest as I torn a ligament in my groin and inner thigh so I have only been doing a bit of waddling, mostly lying down or sitting. Did anyone have this? is it my water breaking but in little bits.

I would say that your waters have broken. I can't be sure without asking you a few questions. Which I am willing to do if you want. otherwise go to the hospital/birth center tomorrow

mummy_in_training Guest

ok what questions?

What does it smell like?
    How much amd how often
    Is it all the time
    Does it flow faster during / before / after a BH contraction (if you are getting them)
    Does it flow faster/slower/no change when baby moves

mummy_in_training Guest

ok it is like clear liquid I imange if it were like the liquid they give you in hospitol for dehydration, does not smell like anything. It happened abit while sleeping last night and I have just been really wet downthere but it is not like dischagre or thick its very thin and clear. jUst before when I was drinking a drink standing it came dribbling out. I have not really had any pain but I feels like my baby has moved down and my sore inner thigh is not so sore anymore, maybe cause my focusis else where but maybe cause he has moved. Just been feeling a little bit of period like pains but nothing major and alot more weight in pelvic area

mummy_in_training Guest

and if i jiggle the liquid is alot more inside me and slowly owrking its way out

Is it comming out all the time?
    Does the flow rate change when baby moves or when you have a BH

mummy_in_training Guest

no its not, it has stopped now, but if I jiggle it works a little bit of fliud down but it only makes down there wet. I feel like i have alot of pressure in my lower pelvis and just having little lower period pains but it does not effect the fluid thing

OK it sounds like your waters have broken. I don’t think I would worry too much about it tonight but tomorrow you should go to the hospital and get checked out. Put a pad on tonight and take it with you tomorrow. They will probably keep you in for observation. If you start to leak again overnight and you need to change your pad more often than every 4 hours, don’t wait, go to the hospital.

PS
    No more jiggling

mummy_in_training Guest

ok, but just thougth the jiggling would make my water break like they do in the movies, then ther would be no guess work. wish each baby came with a manual. thanks for your help, hopefully it has broken and i start contracting tonight or atleast tom.

Unfortunatly it does not always work like the movies. What if you loose all your water and you do not go into labour?
    Try nipple stimulation and EPO orally tonight

sounds to me like your waters have ruptured!

this happened to me ... my waters ruptured from the top of my uterus amd trickled out a little.
    luckily i was already at the hospital as i had been getting contractions on and off for the past week.
    when the doctor did a internal exam he confirmed that my waters were ruptured.
    i was told to go home and take it easy but to come in the following morning for another check up.
    the next morning i went into labour

when your waters rupture it does not mean it has broken. i had to actually have my waters broken when i was in labour. which was a completly different sensation. when broken the waters gushed out unlike the slight tricle i had when it only ruptured.

goodluck

ambz
    xoxox

Just to clarify a little. When your waters break they break. Rupture and break are the same thing. However they can break in 2 distinct places usually referred to hind waters and fore waters. If your forewaters break it usually comes out in a gush and often you will feel a popping sensation. If the hind waters break then the is no gush it is often just a trickle which can increase in flow during movements such as contractions baby moving goughing changing position and many more

mummy_in_training Guest

ok got a little blod in it now, and have had period pains till 4am, then from then I have had severere pains lasting for about 40sec and coming every 3-8 min that dont change if I move, my lower back is killing me and just have already done a bowel movement going to hospitol now to see what is going on

all the best mummy in training! i think we will be hearing your birth annoucement very soon!

OHHHH how exciting, good luck and fingers crossed for you you will be holding your little bubba very soon.

It sure sounds like labour to me hun. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your birth announcement really soon

If you can wait it out at home for abit longer it would be great, especailly if you are still talking through your contractions. You want them to be lasting for around 1 minute and coming at a regular interval. 3 minutes apart is great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast