Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird noise from baby in utero???

Default Weird noise from baby in utero???

Hi everyone

I am 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow with my second baby and have a bit of a strange question. Please don't think I'm crazy!

I have been hearing a sort of audible 'tick' noise when I feel the baby move sometimes, it seems to happen a few times a day. I sort of feel it too, its like a tiny flick or something. My husband can hear it too, and has heard it a few times. Its been happening for a couple of weeks. It is hard to describe the sound.

I'm not sure if it is coming from the baby or me, like maybe my uterus or something, but it is definitley related to bubs moving.

I asked my midwife about it and she said she hadn't heard of that before, but wasn't worried about it. She thought maybe the baby has a clicky hip or something?? I didn't ever experience this in my other pregnancy.

My pregnancy has been easy and uncomplicated so far, I am healthy and happy.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this at all or heard of it?

Thanks
    Liz

Hi Happygirl

I have heard of this. In fact I think that a few girls on here have made a post about this. Unfortunately I have no idea what is causing it, but all the women that have mentioned hearing this have not had any problems with their pregnancy, labour, birth and there is no problems with the baby after the birth

i had this with my DD! it was a very audible "click" when she moved certain ways. For us, it turned out that she did in fact have a clicky hip, which is all fine now

I have had this with most of mine, all was fine though. Like you none of the professionals had any idea what it was, I think they thought I was crazy.

I had it with DD and I put it down to her joints 'cracking', just like ors do sometimes. When she was born and even now, she has a knee that cracks rather regularly!

wow i've never had this myself, and by the sounds of the other ladies posts it sounds like all is ok. I hope no-one takes this the wrong way, as i know how worrysome pregnancy is but i reckon it would be kinda cool to not only be able to feel your baby but actually hear it aswell!! (sorry just wanted to put a positive spin on your situation)

Quote Originally Posted by lilias View Post
    I had it with DD and I put it down to her joints 'cracking', just like ors do sometimes. When she was born and even now, she has a knee that cracks rather regularly!
    :yeahthat:
    I had exactly the same thing with DD2, DH & I could often hear clicks whilst she was inside me. When she was born, her little joints often clicked... it used to worry DH as he hated the sound of it.

Ive been getting this too! about two weeks ago, i though was my baby communicating with me LOL, its stopped now

Thanks a lot for the replies! It is reassuring to know that other people have had it too. My own joints are very cricky and cracky, so maybe this baby has inherited that from me if that's what it is!

I've had the same with all 3 It's funny to hear isn't it?

I find it's usually when the baby is being very active.

My first 2 don't seem to have very 'clicky' joints now, although I do

i have noticed that same "clicking noise" with my baby the last few days!! i thought it was me but i heard it just a moment ago and thought 'thats definately not me hearing things'!! i notice its around the bottom of my right rib area when the baby moves around suddenly.. so not sure if its the baby clicking or something to do with my rib or the squashed up parts in there lol. will be sure to mention it when i see my mw next.. maybe she might know something about it?

its not real worrying to me.. im curious to know what would be causing it too

I had this with one of my boys (is it bad I can't remember which one? ) I just figured it was joints clicking.

i have been gettin this too. when i first heard it it got a bit worried thinkin it might of been my waters breaking and was waitin for the gush. a few people have said their waters breakin they feel a kinda pop.

Hi
    Just thought I would give a quick update in relation to this thread. My baby is now 7 weeks old. We had a wonderful birth and she is happy and healthy. I now know that the noise was her back cracking as now that she is out I can hear it very regularly. She is just a cracky baby! It doesn't bother her at all. I think it is nice looking back, makes it real that it actually was her in there all along.

Liz

I can't see how old this thread is on my phone but it came up when I was looking on google.
    I was recording lil one moving about a while ago without mute on and at the same time as you see bub move, you can hear the "pop" on the video lol. Mine does it alot especially when it is spinning. Maybe I should show it to the doc so they don't think I'm bonkers lol

Both my DDs clicked while in the womb! Particularly DD2! I had a thread about it

Whenever she moved her joints clicked! So bizarre but normal!

She was a bit 'clicky' in her shoulders once born recently but thats all gone now, fixed itself!

Ive had it both pregnancies. DD was very clicky when she was born, almost every joint clicked when she moved. So i put it down to that

Quote Originally Posted by [M]umma[M]ia View Post
    Ive had it both pregnancies. DD was very clicky when she was born, almost every joint clicked when she moved. So i put it down to that
    Funny you should say that..................DS has very 'clicky' arms and shoulders!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast