Thread: Weird symptom - anyone else had it?

Sal Guest

Default Weird symptom - anyone else had it?

Well it's just a niggling thing, but on my tummy below my right boob I have a patch of skin that feels like it is burnt, so hurts to touch. There is no bruise there or anything to see, but it just constantly annoys me.

Has anyone else had something similar of heard of something like this??

It's the sort of thing that I should have asked the midwife yesterday when I saw her, but I'm one of those patients who don't like to bring up little things for fear of being labelled a hypochondriac...

So it feels bruised, but it's not?

I had that lower down where Zander quicked a lot. I think it might have been a bruise on the inside from constant kicks in the spot. Are you get kicks in that spot all the time?

Dear Sal,

I have exactly the same symptom and under my right boob too!

I too have not asked anyone about it, but I reckon it is a nerve that is getting stretched out of proportion. The sensation for me varies from not being able to feel that patch of skin at all, to it feeling numb, to it being hypersensitive - yep, exactly as if it was burned.

Munchy kicks there a lot, and it is where his knees most commonly are found so I just figured that maybe he is stretching one of the lower costal nerves or something.....

But, that is just my theory....

But, I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one....

It is common to have sore ribs on the right hand side more so than the left. I know with my last two pregnancies I had this. Right up under my boob.... a buring feeling. Try sitting an a fit ball... I found this helped the most

Tanya

i have several 'bruised' spots on my belly that don't actually have a bruise to see. i think it is because jelly it such an active bub and keeps on kicking and punching really hard in those same spots.

Sal Guest

Ah thanks girls, so I'm not going mad after all!

Gab, I reckon you're right on the money, it is where bub kicks a bit and he is sitting on the right hand side more. I'm unhappy to read that you still have this symptom - I guess I can expect another 8 weeks of it!

Sal
    Never be reluctant to ask your Midwife anything no matter how stupid you think it may sound.
    When I do A?N classes I always tell the muns and dads that the only stupid question is the one that they don't ask. If it is on your mind then you should ask it.

Alan (Midwife)

Sal, same here, it was like an inside bruise? Quite painful and Alan is right, ask, ask, ask!!

Yep same place same feeling. I found it was more to do with my ribs being pushed up because i actuay don't have a waist, so they were pushed up quite a bit(about 5cms) I found it hurt less when she dropped but it was still quite painful, definalty had that burning feeling too.

Fiddle Guest

Default Left Rib

Hi

I too have the sensation of not being able to feel that patch of skin at all, to it feeling numb, to it being hypersensitive - I describe it as feeling like sunburn.
    No idea what it is from.........but u are not alone.

I hava this area of skin too. My Obs said it was the nerves being stretched and bruisedfrom bubs. For me it is worst at night when I have tummy full of food, which then makes the skin really taught.

I first noticed it when I had my 4D scan done. The sonographer was pushing the probe thingy around my belly and she was pushing down quite hard. Well in that particular spot bubs had her bum and was pushing up. The sonographer was pushing the probe down, and it killed. So I think my skin and nerves got jamed between bubs and probe, and is now bruised from the inside and sensitive.

Sal Guest

Thankfully I can report that this symptom slowly went away from about 35w! Only to be replaced by other uncomfortable sensations!

WOW Sal, I just noticed that you don't have long at all to go. Any day now, HOW EXCITING \/ !!!!!

I wish you all the best for your labour