Thread: What is this?

Question What is this?

Hi everyone,

For the past week i've been having what i think is just painful braxton hicks, and *usually* if i change what i'm doing or lie on my left side they ease up a bit, but the discomfort is still there, bearable but still there.

For the past 2 nights i have gone to bed with them and they go all through the night, i wake up with a feeling of bad period pain, all over, and i can't stop sleeping. I have 3 naps during the day and sleep for 12 hours at night...

Today i feel like throwing up and the pain is worse than what it has been, it's all over my tummy and up my back... is this meant to be braxton hicks?

I haven't been timing them because i thought if it was real contractions they would be UNBEARABLE?

Thanks

Keira,

It sounds like it may be signs of early labour rather than plain old BH?

From what you have described in your post. it sounds pretty much exactly like the same feelings I had for WEEKS with Lexie. I had "take your breath away" tightenings throughout the final 4 or 5 weeks of my pregnancy with her.........

Think of it as a brilliant workout for labour.......

And the wanting to sleep all the time thing: I am pretty sure that is the body's way of conserving as much energy for you as possible for the big event................

If you have a shower or a bath, does that relieve the pain/do the tightenings stop?

Contractions don't start out unbearable. They are good at the start. It does sound to me a bit like you may be in the early stages. R your bags packed? It might not be & if it is it could still be a long way off, but be prepared.

hi keira

i have been having the exact same "symptoms" and was wondering if my body was preparing for labour..

i can't believe how much i have wanted to sleep the last couple of weeks.. its amazing.. and i think i am starting my nesting phase right now too which doesn't help when i'm soo tired but i feel the need to get everything clean etc...

i think you should just try to relax and rest as much as you can... also make sure you have your bags ready just in case.. lol

good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and with the birth

Thanks Lucy, Bjrose and Sirenz

I'm booked in for a c-section on the 8th of November (15 days away) so if it's early labour signs i really hope it can all hold off for another 15 days, if i can stand it! My bags are packed and ready to go thank goodness. But not even a shower or bath eases it
    Last edited by Keira; October 24th, 2007 at 02:19 PM.

If the ceaser is for medical reasons maybe you should get checked out JIC. They may want to do it a bit earlier to be on the safe side.

Hey Keira, I had the same when I went into labour with my first, because I had never experienced labour before I had no idea and it went on for 2 days before I couldn't stand it any longer, the hospy told me to come in and they'll monitor me to see if they're contractions and they were. I also remember feeling like I needed to do no2's but nothing would come out (sorry TMI) but that wasn't until about 2 or 3 days of early labour pains. When do you see your dr next? Have you tried panadol?