Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do period pains mean?

Default What do period pains mean?

For the last couple of days I have been alternating between lower back pain and shocking period pain. Today the 'period pain' has been the worst with also a little 'bum pain' (you know the pain like you are being stabbed in your bottom and it makes you pull a face like you've been sucking on a lemon). The pain got intense once today and took me by surprise so i actually yelled like a woman in labour - but since then i have only had smaller twinges - although I do feel kinda odd 'down there'. Also with pains like i have run a marathon and pulled the muscles in my groinal area.
    i should say that i've had endometriosis for the past 10 years so i am very in tune with pains down there and have a quite a high pain threshold...which i am sure is about to be put to the test.
    I saw my ob on monday and he had 3/5 on my card (which i know means how down the baby's head is).
    i've got 13 days to go and this is my first baby...do you think she's on her way? I almost feel a little disappointed when the pains stop cos i just cant wait anymore!!!

Ohh... it sure sounds promising!!!
    I hope for your sake that something is happening for you

Lisa

I just realised that I had a cup of raspberry leaf tea about 2 hours before all that cramping, do you think that could have something to do with it?

It sounds very promising. I would go for a walk and have another cup of tea!
    A gentle walk can help things along if they are going to happen. Don't go on your own though or at least not too far from home - just in case!

I hope that your little one makes a nice easy smooth entrance into this world...

It does sound promising. I did a lot of natural induction methods near the end with Jovie & everytime I did one I would have more intense niggles that afternoon, signs of early labour. Most of the time they would settle down after a few hours, but near the end they would get more intense & last for longer. HTH!

Sounds like early labour to me

How are things going TARALEE?

Haven't felt anything at all since yesterday. baby's movements seem to be a little less too.

Oh Taralee,
    Keep up that RLT and walking!! Sounds like you may be a lucky one and go a little early. I hope your little bundle makes an easy journey into the world and that you have a quick recovery!

Taralee I think it's time to pack your hospital bag

Still nothing else!!! I feel like I am just waiting out every day!!!! I think I am going nuts!!!!
    My Ob is doing a stretch and sweep on Monday - I dont know if i can wait that long and if it will even do anything!!

I went 7 days over with both of mine... So I wish it had started with 2 wks to go...

Goood Luck it sounds like it wont be too far away, would is your OB doing an S&S when your not quite due yet???

CHristy, make sure you remember all your natural induction methods for me next year, coz I am now called a 41wker & I want to not go over!!!! hee hee

Taralee :hugs: I was 14 days post dates with Ruby and 10 days post with Lucy and I so understand that awful loooooong wait.
    Try and plan something nice for each day so you have something to look forward to... I hope your little one doesn't take too much longer.... Remember he/she will come when he's ready and cooked!

I think that my ob is doing a s&s because i stressed how much I wanted a natural birth and not a c-section. I am only 150cm and 60kg (with baby) and 2 weeks ago my ob said baby was already about 7lbs. If I am left to go much longer, the baby will be too big for little me to push out and will probably have to have a cs.
    I am resigned to the fact that i would much rather have the s&s and go natural than have to have surgery to get the baby out.
    i think my ob is trying not to stress me about baby's size

Taralee - I just want you to know that it is highly unlikely that your body will grow a baby too big for you to push out. It does happen but it is rare.
    I am only 8 cms taller than you and weigh the same (well Idid prior to the last 18 months but we won't go THERE!!!).
    My babies have been 8lb9ozs (and I weighed only 54 kgs then!), 8lb6ozs, 9lb8ozs and my last was an aberration at 6lb11 ozs.
    Your height and your weight does not tell us what weight baby you can push out. Pleas please please get that thought out of your head.
    Your body is doing wonderful things to bring your baby into the world. All of those 'sensations' you are experiencing are working 'behind the scenes' in preparation for the birth.
    I have had good experiences with S&S personally and off the record I would think about using some evening primrose oil capsules as pessaries after the strip and stretch as the prostaglandin they contain can help things along.

Please know Tara that your body CAN and WILL birth your baby...

Did i mention my husband is 6foot3? I know what you mean flower, but they've been monitoring the baby's growth the whole way along for the 'size' reason. My ante-natal card actually has my height as a concern/risk!
    i got no doubt that i will slam that baby out!!

My DH is 6'4" and I am 5'7" and our first was 6lb14oz, and the second was 7lb10oz. No trouble with labour at all. My Ob said that generally, babies fit their mother's bodies, and their father's influence shows later. Don't know if that's true for everyone, but my babies were fine for my body. Hope all goes well for you, and that you have a great, easy, natural labour soon!

Mama, yes your doctors theory is a common one and usually true!

My teeny tiny gorgeous friend who is shorter than me and fine has a 6 foot something husband. He was only 5lbs when he was born but my friend was 10lbs.

All of their kids (4) have been HUGE the last at almost 11lbs.

Nature is a pretty smart woman!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast