Thread: What does this famous plug look like?! LOL

Talking What does this famous plug look like?! LOL

Hi guys

I'm sure this has been asked before, and is of course way TMI, but I am just wondering what the mucous plug looks like??????! (sorry)....And when did you go into labour after seeing it (or bits of it!)????

Thanks

Yasin's was a giant gob of stuff that loked like yellowish snot.
    Imran's was a few smaller gobs of stuff that looked like clear snot with flecks of blood in it.

barney Guest

hi i lost my plug with a couple of my kids usually when you do loose it ,its only about 24hrs before you go into labour and thats just what it should look like mucas with lighly coloued blood through it tmi i know but usually getting it is a great sign that things are on there way

Yep, mine was the same, clear mucusy stuff (and lots of it!) with blood in it. At times it was tinged pink from the blood. I had it all day on the saturday, every time I went to the loo there was more (I was pretty horrified to be honest! LOL!) and I had my DD on the Tuesday.

Mine looked like snot with some blood in it. I lost it on tuesday and she was born the following saturday.

Not everyone loses it though. I had no sign of mine at all prior to going into labour.

Mine was pretty much as already described LOL.
    No blood though, and it never meant labour was starting for me, I lost it a week before I was induced.
    I never saw it all with my first baby.

PMSL at all these fabulous descriptions of a mucos plug.

The funny thing is, it's pretty much what it looks like - snot of some description; cleary, cloudy, tinted red, big small... it varies a bit.

It can start coming away a few weeks before labour starts, or immediately before.

I did'nt lose my mucos plug till after my waters broke. Which i thought was really odd!

And like everyone else has desbribed...mine was like clear snot with streaks of blood through it. Kinda like when you have a cold and you blow your nose and its has blood in it.

Thanks guys. You have really given me some great descriptions!
    Well I think some of my plug came away yesterday (very small part I think though)..but I don't really feel like anything else is happening so I shall keep on waiting...probably still be a while yet...
    Thanks again for your help

oh - i assumed it just came out in one big gloop - but, is it more common to come out in bits and peices?

Mine was in two seperate gloops on differnt days

I never saw mine until I was 5cm dilated in hospital well into my labor. Same as everyone else described - goey & blood stained! Everyone is different...

yup mine was pretty much the same as what others described too, but it came away over a few days just each time I wiped after going to the loo I just had an excess of mucos with streaks of blood and that started about a week or more before DS was born.

Fletch - Mine was just like EW CM with blood tinged through it. I only went to the toilet the once while I was in labour with Briley so I only saw it once when I wiped. But yeah, for me it was just like when you have an increase in CM and you got the toilet and wipe and see heaps of it there except with blood.

Yeah thats the same as me to Sara, it was deffinately more like CM with a little blood in it.

Smile

I think i had a show today but was thick goey and sticky like but had no blood in it at all i have a feeling i may of lost some few days ago aswell but didnt think nothing of it till i had a lil bit more today and paid more attention to it for some reason... so just waiting for the rest of it to come away now and i have a sweep booked in with midwife monday at home so unless i go in before i wont be needing it! But i know that a show can happen days or weeks before as everyone is very different!! So i guess i still have to wait till she decides to come along "please hurry lil one" xXx

Thanks for sharing your experiences girls..

Hope things are well on their way for you 1sttimemummytobe..

Well after nothing for a week, today I have had a few lots of plug appear..soo thick and yellow/clear looking..mmm nice!..sorry! so I wonder when this little bundle of ours will start to try and make an appearance.......