Thread: What does lightening feel like?

Fishchick Guest

Default What does lightening feel like?

Anybody know what 'lightening' actually feels like?

I'm getting sudden shocks through my lower pelvic region - is this lightening?

Bubs is due in just over 2 weeks.

omg... i've never heard of it! Have to say I giggled coz I thought you meant lightning.. as in thunder & lightning! lol.

Good luck with bubs on the way!

I think lightening means when baby 'drops' and when that happened to me it just felt like she was gonna fall out right then and there iykwim!

I think Tegan's right - its when bubs starts to head south. One of my friends complained of a similar sensation when her baby bounced on the top of her cervix. Whe Yasin started to engage my bump became visibly lower.

i think it has happened for me. i often feel when the bub gets the hiccups, and it almost feels like its in my bum!!!! LOL. so i guess it must be pretty low!! but then, i never really felt like it got really high for me either. never felt the pressure on my lungs like some women feel.

sounds to me that the 'shocks' could be bub getting hiccups?

Linda

Melinda Guest

I honestly can't say I know what this feels like - Jacob was head down from very early on so I didn't really have any experience of him turning etc.

I did become aware of when he started to descend into my pelvis however as my bump became lower and I started to get head butts on my cervix which were a bit sharp and ouchie!

LOL Linda - I hear you about the hiccups! Jacob used to get them several times a day in utero and I used to feel like it was right down in the nether regions too! hehhee!!!