Thread: What helped to relieve your stretchmarks?

Default What helped to relieve your stretchmarks?

I have been finding really difficult to sleep at night due to the itchiness as a result of my stretchmarks... My doctor suggested to use hydrocortisone 1% which I am a little hesitant. What did you find it to be helpful to relieve those itchiness... also, is there a cream that will make the stretch marks go away faster? Thank you...

Smile

I had the same problem when i was Pg. Palmers Cocoa Butter cream is great & helps ur stretchmarks fade easier & prevent them from getting really bad.

my stretchmarks were never itchy..are you sure its just the stretchmarks causing the itch?

babigurl, I have tried Palmer's Cocoa butter cream and have applied it three times a day. When it's first applied, I feel relieved, but as soon as the cream dries off, I'm back to my itchy mode. The itch makes me wake up at night and it's so itchy to a point I could spend 10 minutes itching...

rayray, my doctor confirms that there's nothing else but the stretchmarks causing the itch. She said that at this stage of the pregnancy is common. I don't remember having them with my last pregnancy.

Is it common for a pregnant woman to itch so much at this stage???

my mum was advised to use vitamin E cream on scars from surgery - given stretch marks are essentially another form of scar tissue it may help them - just check if vitamin E cream (mum used body shop brand) is ok for use in pregnancy as i haven't scoped it out yet

Carmen thats great well, not great you are itchy, but great its only the stretchmarks causing it.

yeah there are other things that can cause itchiness in third trimester thats all.

I have always been told that Stretchmarks cause itchiness and also my cousin got bad dermatitis when she was pregnant and had to be given a special cream. Can't remember what they gave her though

Carmen2- Awww u poor thing. I have been using Vaseline Instensive Care Lotion with aloe vera and cucumber. It doesnt leave the skin oily. I used it with my pregnancy with the twins, and didnt get any stretchmarks on my belly at all.

OUCH! Mine were insanely itchy and inflamed. i used bio oil or a very cold washer or cold shower over the marks. Good luck.

Mine never itched until I had the baby and the pressure was let off. Palmers cocoa butter or garnier toner (orange tub) worked for mine.

I'd put my cocoa butter in the fridge, so it was cool and so very soothing when I rubbed it on my belly. Didn't really help long term, but was nice at that moment

Nic

Mine are itchy too. Only thing that really helps is a body oil I use but you could even use olive oil! (I have dry skin)

I am going insane with the itch. Last night, I woke up around 4am and started scratching my belly to relieve the itch... and guess what, in the morning, I have red streaks on my belly... Before I went to bed, I applied a thick layer of Vit E cream... obviously, it did not help much. The night before that, I have tried with cocoa butter cream and it didn't do it as well... I am considering of using an ice pack just to relieve the itch. Do you think it's okay for the little one if I put an ice pack on my belly?