Thread: Whats going on???

Question Whats going on???

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.I am currently 39.5 weeks pg and this morning I woke up having what I'm pretty sure were contractions (I've had bh before and these were very different!). They were around 15mins apart and when I went to the bathroom I noticed that I had lost at least a part of my plug. The "pains" continued for around 5 hours but now they have stopped.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm just wondering what is going on.

Thanks!!!

Sounds like things are just starting!
    Don't worry, this could last a day or a week or longer - its just bubs working his/her way out into this world.

Relax and enjoy these last days of freedom if you can.
    If there's any blood etc though, do contact your midwife.

Good luck!

Oh how exciting for you

Yep it does sound like things are starting to happen.
    I had this for about 3-4 hrs then they disappeared then 7 hrs later my waters broke. Like Kazbah said though it could be days but could also be longer.

Hope you have a great labour experience.

Sounds like prelabour
    Sometimes this can go on for a little while especially if it's your first baby. It will start up around the same time every day and then fizzle out to nothing..but you're body is gearing up for the big thing and since you're 39.5 weeks it'd be a safe bet to say not too far away now It's all good!

Good luck!