thread: Whats it mean....

Platinum Member. Love a friend xxx

Jan 2008
    hoppers crossing

Whats it mean....

So this morning when i went for my shower, i coughed and this clear liquid came gushing out and again its like ive peed myself, what does this mean and should i be calling or goingto see the dr?

Nov 2008
    Melbourne

Maybe put a pad on and see if you have any more fluid come out over the next half an hour or so. It could be you waters starting to leak, but because it happened when you coughed it may be that your pelvic floor muscles are a little weak with all the weight and it was just urine. I know I got a bit of a fright earlier this week when I sneezed and had a couple of drops come out... Good luck

May 2005
    Canberra

It could be your waters or it could be those pelvic floor muscles not works properly (a little wee escaping). If you aren't sure ring your midwife or doc and ask them what they think.

Jan 2008
    hoppers crossing

i had my shower @ 9am and i went to the loo about 10ish and i still had a wet patch there. still there now

Jan 2008
    In a land of bubbles and trouble

Hun just a patch or wet on a pad? It could even be a hindleak - you are full term so I would check in with your care provider and they can do that little strip test to see if it is wee or amniotic fluid.

Either way, not long now!

BellyBelly Professional Support Panel

Nov 2005
    QLD

It could be your waters but it could also just be CM. Put a pad on check it in an hour and if it is wet take it to the hospital the midwives can test the fluid to see if it is your waters.

Jan 2008
    hoppers crossing

thank you alan and i took their advice,
    Sam long enough to go.

Does it matter if bubbs is breech?