Thread: What's up with this? Could be tmi

Default What's up with this? Could be tmi

OK I have the constant urge to go #2's and it's driving me nuts. Been going on for maybe 2 days. It's not like diahorrea or being constipated it's more like that feeling you get when you have really bad period pain but without the period pain. Is it just bubs position???? Anyone else had this? Any advice. I still have 7wks to go and I'm sick of a) having to go all the time and b) my big ole butt is tender from all the wiping :-)

erm - that was my pre-labour! period pain, and lots of trips to the loo. I too had a tender butt hole! LOL.. and found those sorbent flushable wipes a godsend! LOL.

If it continues, it might be worth ringing your midwives or something, seeing as you're only at 33 weeks.

Thanks Liz, actually the same thing went through my mind about 2min ago as I'm having back pain and that whole period pain crampiness. Think I might leave Leyton and the Australian open and go to bed and hope it goes a way :-)

And to REALLY make you worry.. 2nd stage of labour is like the urge to poo too! OMG imagine giving birth in a toilet. LOL. Altho.. apparently it happens?

Yep - go rest. Hope it eases up for you soon.

hehe I spent the maj of my labour with DS on the toilet! I was induced and from the first contrax had this horrible pressure in my butt like I had to go (why is this only occuring to me now?????) Great position though, got on the toilet at 4cm and got off 1 1/2hrs later at 8cm! Great for avoiding that constant monitoring too the machine wouldn't reach to the bathroom so that's where I spent my entire labour - hehe DS was almost born on the bathroom floor of the birthing suite.

Go rest, dont need you going into labour... Maybe give your midwife a call, JIC??

hugs hun, you'll be fine, use a good toilet paper... i love quilton

Saram
    Use a barrier cream on your butt. Something like Vaseline, its cheap and easy to get. The frequent need to do #2 could be caused by a few things.
    1 Baby is low in your pelvis
    2 Hormones
    3 Approaching labour
    4 A bug
    5 Change in diet

JadeTara Guest

I get this heaps too, do you find its like really bad poo pains? Sorry to be slightly graphic. I was thinking it was Bx Hix but my tummy doesnt go really tight.

Hope you're ok today Sarah...

i have had "loose bowels" most of this pregnancy (apart from when i was constipated for a few weeks) i am pretty sure i was the same with T the midwives i have seen at the hospital said it was most likely hormones and not to worry too much ....
    that is great when i have the worst pelvic pain i can hardly stand up and everytime i sit down i need to get up and use the toilet
    i hope you are ok

i got this feeling about 2 or 3 weeks of my due date and just thought it was related to a braxton hicks or something. i was 10 days overdue and had to be induced, so it might not signal your impending labour. although, keep your eye on it just in case.

Yeah, well.. the midwives laughed off my suggestion that my loose bowels could be prelabour, making me feel like a stupid first time mum - but I showed them! My waters broke on the 3rd day! hehehe

Sarah, has everything settled down? If it was just the # 2s it wouldn't be a worry but given the pain too.....let us know how you are.

She hasn't posted for awhile. I hope everything is ok Sarah.

me too... anyone have sarah's number?? Some of the belly buddies have phone buddies... maybe someone could give her a call and make sure she's ok??

Hello, still here and still pg! Thanks forthe concern but we are doing OK, I have heaps of niggles with this pg so I am not concerned if the pains become regular I would def call the hospital but they are random and the midwives have told me not to worry in the past unless they become regular.

Hollo hoping I don't go overdue after all of this.
    Allan - thanks for the advice
    Jade - don't you love their advice sometimes!

Sarah, I get a similar sort of feeling, but no pain, just feel pressure in my butt.
    I thought it may be to do with the position of baby. Sometimes he/she feels lower and when I lie down, I tend to feel more pressure in that area.

Thanks Karina, this bubba is certainly sitting way low at the moment and def putting pressure on all those points