Thread: When did your babies turn?

Default When did your babies turn?

I am 28.5 weeks pg and bubs is breech (probably has been for last 3 weeks).
    I know that there is still plenty of time for him/her to turn but just a little worried as I am quite small and bubs is on the larger side. Concerned he/she will run out of space and stay breech. Really, really desperate to have a natural birth and avoid caesarian. I am fairly certain my OB would not support me in a vaginal breech delivery although I gather they can be quite successful.
    Just wondering what position other's babies were in at this stage and when they turned head down?
    Anyone had an success with the varying tips on getting babies to turn? I am seeing my acupuncturist tomorrow so hopefully she can work some magic!
    Also anyone who has actually delivered a breech bubs vaginally - any info would be much appreciated.

#1 turned at 32 weeks
    #2 was 28 weeks
    #3 was 32 weeks

Like you said, there is still heaps of time for bubs to turn. You can check out the spinning babies website too.

DH was a footling breech and MIL had him vaginally, but back then they didn't even know he was until it was too late.

This baby is still in the process of turning at 33 weeks. She was transverse and now is almost head down... I have been doing some of the spinning babies websites positions at night to help her move.

Fraser Guest

hey there, Charlie didn't turn around until after 30 weeks - can't remember which week exactly - but it was definitley after the 30 week mark, my OB told me if he hadn't turned by 34 weeks they would look at ways of making him turn - so don't worry too much yet

I agree. Jack didn't turn until after the 30 week mark (32 weeks from memory). This one turned at about 28 weeks. You still have tonnes of time. Don't worry yet!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

As a baby, I was breech until the day before I was born! I was 9 days post-dates. Acupuncture is great so well done for trying that, also there are some resources listed in the labour section for breech / posterior babies worth looking at!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Sammy turned at 34 weeks

Jo

spreckemily Guest

Baby was breech at 28 weeks, transverse at 33 weeks and turned around properly by 36 weeks. Don't stress, bubs will find his/her way down.

Thanks for all your replies - is good to hear of other babies taking their time. I am hoping our little one decides to move sooner rather than later!

I thought mine had turned at my 27w appt yesterday, but I was wrong!
    My midwife said that she doesn't mind where they are until about 33w or so where the room starts running out. So I guess it will be interesting to see if I have a turned child next time.
    Jenna turned at about 30w from memory. I didn't even notice even though I had been feeling her bum (I thought it was a head..... duh).