Thread: When to go in...

Default When to go in...

Hey ladies n men

Just wondering when to go into hosp and when to sit at home?
    Haha that proberly dosn't make sence... I know what i trying to say it just ain't comming out...

I a first time mum, and don't want to go into hosp, an look all silly, n just be told its nothing and go home..

i've had 2 contractions today, 20mins after each other, with that was some period pain, and now although the contrax have stoped, my belly feels sore, and my bakc still hurts. and soo does down there...

My next appointment is Wednesday - But i'd kinda like to know why its hurtin (its not really bad but it's pain thats there... iygwim... any ideas... or shuld i just go see hosp...

Hi Cas
    If you are within 30 minutes of the hospital then you can stay at home until your contractions are less than 10 minutes apart. Some other reasons to go to hospital are:-
    If your water breaks
    If you are in too much pain
    If you are not happy being at home

If you are unsure just give them a ring and talk to one of the midwives

Just remember you will not look silly for going to the hospital. The midwives will understand that this is your first baby and it can be very scary

Thanks Alan... if one of ur clients rang u up at the hosp and told u that... What would u tell em to do?

Hi...
    Its all happening... gettin ready to go..
    I was like that for about 3 or so days leading up to when they really started coming on.. I was a first time mum too

If I were to give you any advice it would be just to put your feet up and relax.. if you feel like fluffing about in the babies room and washing last minute bits then do all the fluffin you can handle... THEN go and out your feet up and maybe read that book you might have sitting there half read cause I found that I havent been able to pick up a book since!!! hehe..

I started having 10 minute apart contractions that were just like full on braxton hicks... that went for a few hours and then the BIG ones started! They were 5 minutes apart with no blood show or waters so i had a hot bath (after ringing the midwifes to get advice) and about 30 min after my hot bath I had a blood show and we were off!!!

Good luck with it all mate

xoxoxoxox

Oh gawd - i hope not! Still got 5weeks to go! haha!

As too fluttering - I've been doing that the last week, All the clothes are washed/ironed/colour coordinated and put away car seats been set up, just gotta chuck it in there when time comes, pram all set up too, everythings been wiped over, inclduing the whole house!

Thanks Kitty

He he he
    I love the fluffing part... its amazing how all that energy seems to just appear out of no where!!
    Some people can go through those 'tightnings' for a few weeks sometimes before the actual labour starting.... for me it was only a few days but my SIL it was about 4 weeks.... not so much painful ones, just tightnings... then the lucky duck had a 4 hour birth!!
    So you might get lucky if it keeps going till full term!

Exciting stuff hey!
    xo

The fluffly has been awesume, i love looking at all her clothes, there so small and cute! Ive only pulled them out like 50billion times lols!
    Oh my 4hours labour that sure does sound good

i just looked at ur picz! what a gorgeous bub!!! Ur belly looks as big as myne

Exciting and scaryyyyyyyyy at the same tiem

Did u have msn, if so we can talk there. my msn name is [email protected]

THANK YOU
    I am just updating it with more now! It is such a GREAT site and its FREE!!

It is such an extreme of both excited and scary hey!! talking to you takes me back... hehehe...

Where abouts are you having bub? I had Jacob at redcliffe hospital and I have to say i was very happy with them

Cass I totally agree with what Alan said. Reason being, I was uncomfortable for two whole days prior and did ring, but turns out i had brkoen my water and was in labour those two days. I did however manage to cook a freezer full of food to keep my mind off....
    They're totally used to the queries.
    Good luck.

Don't be shy to ring just to touch base with the midwives. I had a long pre labour with Angus and wasn't sure if it was the real thing so rang up for a chat in the morning after being kept awake with contractions. They had stopped by 10am and the midwife rang me back in the afternoon to see how I was going.
    I was told to ring back if my waters broke/had a show/emptied my bowel but none of that happened by the time the contractions all of a sudden cranked up in intensity.
    I was thinking I'd be sent home too but we went in anyway and Angus was born 2 hours later.
    If you get sent home it's not a big deal. At least your mind can be put at ease and you've practiced your run into hospital for the real event

I would tell her that it sounds like Braxton Hicks and that she may have a posterior baby and that your baby could be engaged. I would also offer her the option of coming to the hospital so I can check her out if se wants to.