Thread: When your tummy drops...

Taia's Mum Guest

Question When your tummy drops...

I've just gone back to work after a weeks leave and they've all told me my tummy has dropped and that means I will probably go at the end of Feb (due 15/3).

I actually had to tighten my trousers yesterday which I think is related to my tummy dropping....just wondering if the tummy dropping is a sign of how long you have to go?

:eek:

Nat

I dont think its any indication of how long you have left. My tummy dropped at 29w with my son Xander, and everyone was like "be careful, you'll go early." I was induced at 17 days over!!

Taia's Mum Guest

oh wow! that makes me feel better! Although I've noticed a few different feelings lately (pressure on lower back and small sharp pains in the lower abdomen) that have got me thinking! Maybe I'm just overthinking it all because it's getting so close!

Braxton Hicks will do those things to you Just your body getting itself ready!! Good Luck!

I am getting all those pains too, and my stomach drops and goes back up, depending on the possie of bubs. This is my third baby and he hasnt engaged yet, I have just under 4 weeks to go and i am sooooo hoping that i go a little early!!!

My tummy has dropped dramatically but my baby hasn't started to engage yet
    I don't think it is any indication of when the baby will be born, I think it is more to do with the position of the baby.

Taia's Mum Guest

how can you tell when they are engaged? (gee can you tell i'm a first time mum to be!) lol

ummmm i have never known really. I just go from what the dr tells me. LOL! Someone should know. Maybe Alan will pop in.... :fingerscrossed:

Percy Guest

Only your dr or midwife can tell you how far your baby is engaged as they feel for the baby's head in your pelvis.

So many people tell me I have "dropped" - then the next person will tell me I haven't!!!! I've learnt not to listen to anybody else except my midwife - if she says I've dropped, then I've dropped! You get so much conflicting advice from other non-medical people I tend to take what they say with a massive pinch of salt!!

renee78 Guest

When I was 28 weeks, my husband noticed that my tummy had dropped and I was feeling a lot of pressure down low. I frantically rang the labour ward thinking I was going to go into labour and spoke to a midwife who said that it's perfectly normal for this to happen from 28weeks onwards.

I dropped last week @ 26 weeks, so did all of my back pain, and all of haemroids - charming!!!

33w and still up high but head down! Feels great on the ribs and hips when he/shes punching and kicking away - also VERY breathless all the time.

Oh 76 stars me too! Breathless as anything at 33 weeks and I have to use my voice to make a living so it's not making my work life easier! Also head down but up high and there is a bottom in my ribcage which feels very bizarre.

Smile

Il be 35 weeks on saturday and everyone noticed that my belly had dropped about 2-3 weeks ago and i been having loads of pressure down below,lots more discharge and funny sensations down below and i been needing the loo more often and finding myself with horrible stomach aches and diarea over this past month is this common? I been having braxton hicks like normal and midwife checked me monday and she said i wasnt engaged just all this makes me very curious as this is mine and partners 1st baby.

My belly dropped a week ago - now the breathlessness has gone to be replaced by pelvic pain! Im curious to find out if head is engaged too though -it sound lsike belly can drop without head engaging!! Come on little one!! Its time to come out!