Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who made up giving birth???

Talking Who made up giving birth???

Well, here I sit - as uncomfortable as anything and I currently have no baby. Am I destined to be pregnant in to my 70s?? It feels like it at the moment.

The OB and midwife reviewed the final EDD to the 19th of February, but here I am with big fat feet, watching the Bold and the Beautiful.............. still............ I have tried just about everything to get this cookin' but I think the baby is very happy where it is.

EPO I have not tried, however, putting EPO up my "jaxy" ("hoo ha" also works here) seems a little weird to me - although, knowing my luck it is probably the only thing that would work.

Sex is certainly an interesting exercise in logistics (it was NEVER that logistical - requires so many discussed tactics, kind of takes the fun out of it) - that's all I'll say about that.

Hopefully it will be soon. If not I am going to be induced on the 27th but I REALLY don't want to be induced. Everyone - give my baby a bit of encouragement!! It really can't be that good in there that it would want to stay there until it's 21st (not)birthday.

Oooh you poor thing - fingers crossed for you that bub will co-operate! Good luck!

Actually, rethinking it - I think the Bold and the Beautiful is the most tragic part of that post!!

LOL - poor thing!!

C'MON little bubba, come out come out!!! Your mummy wants to meet you!

Good luck!!
    xo

OOh I hope bubba gets a move along soon!!! Have you tried going for a power walk?? I know that started giving me niggles at the later stages....

WIshing you all the very best!

C'mon bubba...out you come...it's great out here!!!

Someone told me when I was pg with DD#2 that driving fast over speed humps worked! and watching 3 Men and a baby (they may have updated to a better movie) eating spicy food and drinking raspberry leaf tea (I tried this towards the end of last pg, a nurse at school said 2 teabags at a time- got induced early so can't comment on if it works LOL) DH was keen on nipple stimulation and sex but at that stage I wasn't keen on either of those things!

Quote Originally Posted by lestypuss View Post
    Actually, rethinking it - I think the Bold and the Beautiful is the most tragic part of that post!!
    PMSL, Lesty! I know that place you are in and its not great. It'll be over soon tho - promise. Then you'll be like me - home with baby and watching cheap and nasty TV while you feed them LOL

Thanks Snacks. I think I am just being impatient................

You are entitled to feel that way! I was impatient and none of mine were overdue! I bet you are sick of people ringing to see "if you've had it yet" too LOL

Completely understand Lesty! I am currently 5 days over and completely had enough! ROFL. I was booked for an induction for gels Wed night and drip Thurs morning. My waters broke at 5:15 this morning (still waiting for contractions ) so have been booked for induction tomorrow morning now... I tried lots of things to get things moving. Walking helps. My theory though is book in for an induction - seems that is a pretty good way to get things to happen! Has worked for me so far and several of my friends who were booked for induction had their babies the day before!
    Sending you LOADS and LOADS of LV babe.

MG

Sending you lots and lots of labour vibes. I'm not due for another 10 days but I'm already fed up so I can only imagine how you are feeling. good luck.

Sending you heaps of labour vibes. Come on bubba - time to meet your parents!!!!!

Hey lestypuss,
    Oh I empathise with you!! Jacob was due on the 17th Oct and decided he would start making his entrance on the 22nd and then made the grand finalie on the 23rd!! I was booked in on the 26th to have him induced....
    We tried all of them... we went 4wding but it was too much on my pelvis and hips... we tried sex.... that wasnt too bad after the long discussion as you mentioned :P
    It was a bit of a giggle as every night I was getting pretty full on BH, when I would go to bed they would stop.... so the night of the 22nd we stayed up till about 11ish waiting to see if it would start!!........Gave up, went to bed and as soon as I laid down the REAL contractions started!!!!! Had a hot/warm bath and after that had my show and was off the hospital

Good luck with yours mate...
    YOU CAN DO IT LITTLE ONE! :P
    xxoo

Oh Lesty - I was all swollen and uncomfortable and impatient.. and Tallon came at 37 weeks! LOL. You poor thing. Come on bubba, it's up to you now! We promise it's lots of fun out here!

And MG!! OMG!! Good luck! Sounds like you'll be holding your bubba tomorrow (if not before!) I had a problem free augmentation after my waters broke and labour stalled.. hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Lesty
    We are in the same boat! if i dont have this bubba by next monday we are going to discuss induction- which will probably happen on the tuesday! The same day as you! What can we do but sit here and be uncomfortable? I have been having period type pain since yesterday and still nothing! not one little thing. I tell you our bubbas must be comfortable in there to not want to come out!!
    So hear hear to sick of being pregnant, i will back you up all the way. Hoping things start for you soon.

flutterbye Guest

Default Me too me too

I was due on Feb 20 and am currently sitting around waiting for my little girl to arrive. Induction is organised for next tuesday if she hasnt appeared. Am really over the whole waiting thing. My legs are sore, my feet are swollen and am really feeling very heavy.

We tried the bumpy ride and spicy food. As the original post mentioned, the idea of having sex pretty much requires an engineering degree and all the talking is not really a turn on. I have also been experiencing some period pain since sunday but nothing consistant.

Fingers, not legs, are crossed that we will all be holding our babies soon.

Ohhh lesty i also feel ur pain I've come to terms with the fact that i am just going to be like this for the rest of my life!
    I started using EPO internally lastnight, but was told instead of inserting the capsuals, to peirce the capsual & soak a tampon in the oil then insert that. That idea sounded a tad more appealing than having a bunch of capsual up there
    Anyway, nothing as yet so it also probably doesn't work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast