Thread: Whos Waters Broke???

Question Whos Waters Broke???

Hi all,

Just wondering how many of you had their waters break spontaniously(sp?)

and the story behind how it happened.What u were doing,how many wks,etc...

I know that only a small percentage have their waters break on their own,

and i have a feeling mine wont ,so im looking for some positive water breaking stories

I had a hind water leak at 39wks, but that was it! I had ARM while I was in labour.

My forwaters broke at 40+3 weeks, with my DD and went into spontanious labour.
    With DS i had them ruptured, but they were like cling wrap over the top of his head. they were quite strong. But either way i still had positive births.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It can be a very good thing if your labour doesnt start with waters breaking, because you have more freedom and less pressure to get a drip up if THEY think labour is taking too long... which is not fun. Because the waters have broken they put you on a time limit. You might think thats cool because you have your baby sooner, but if you need to have your labour sped up on a drip it usually makes labour less managable, and often results in further interventions, i.e. pain relief, then others as a result of that.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Waters were broken with first bub when I got to the hospital at 7cm dilated, who know's why, not like I wasn't progressing.

Second bub they were left intact to burst on their own, which they did all over my legs and I freaked. LOL. My bub was posterior and they were left intact in the hope that he would turn. He didn't.

Third bub was c section but I often wondered what they did there. Do they break the bag and suck them out or to they just take the bag out??

Fourth bub I begged for them to be broken as my labour kept stalling.

Mine broke at 38wks+5, but it wasn't like I had expected so I didn't worry about it. I was in labour for 4 days after that (1 of them on synto). It was only on the fourth day they couldn't feel the water and decided they had broken initially so I had to have an emergency c-sec and enough antibiotics for most of Africa!

Trish they lance the placenta and suck it all out. It fills a couple of suction containers! Often as the rip the placenta they can aim what spurts out. It's a bit gross if you're in the way!

My waters broke in bed at 4am. I was 38wks2days. Was induced later that day as contractions hadn't started and my b/p was high. Plus I was impatient. 9 hour labour.

Oh thanks for that Kim, sounds yummy

mizzsocial Guest

with Jake, i woke up 2:45am to go to toilet and as i stood up water came pouring down the leg.. contractions began right away.. had him 9 hours later.. i was 39.6weeks

Jordan i woke up 12:30am and felt like a bubble burst in my stomach, i jumped up, as i did water came pouring down my leg again.. i had him 4 hours later..i was also 39w6days

My waters didnt break spontaneously. I was in heavy labour past 8cm and the bag bulged out my vagina! LOL It was a real shock as i was in such deep, mesmarising (sp) labour (natural) that i thought that something had herniated and that i was going to be rushed into the operating theatre. tee hee. The midwife tried to break with her fingers but the bag was really really thick so she had to cut with scissors. Anyway, as soon as they were broken there was a huge release and hendrix was born around 20 minutes later in the birthing pool.

Mind broke at 40wks + 2 days spontaneously. Had a warm bath, went to bed. Woke up 2 hours later with a small trickle, rolled over and it started gushing. *LOL*

Mine started leaking at 36w2d with DD. I was just getting into bed and I felt a warm gush. It continued leaking on and off for and hour or so and then I started seeing bits of plug. No contractions though.

I agree with Kelly - I'm really hoping that's not how my labour starts this time. As soon as I called the hospital they wanted me in, and they gave me 12 hours to start contracting on my own (also because I had GD and she was a bit early they were especially antsy). I didn't start and I had to be induced with the drip which isn't really ideal if you want to avoid pain relief

Even though I'm booked for another induction this time I'm hoping I might start on my own before then but I dont' want my water to break

Olivia: broke spontaneously at 41 weeks and 4 days at 4pm, she was born at 11pm
    Charlie: Induced, waters broke at 3pm, he was born at 5pm
    Lexie: Waters broke spontaneously at 39 weeks 6 days at 9.30am (in the car!) and she was born at 10.02am.....

*Beccy* Guest

My waters broke at 36wks with my DD. I had a day of period-type cramping and as I went to get into bed I felt a bubble burst and water gushed everywhere!!!

Beccy

mooshie Guest

with my first bubs my waters broke at 40wks and 1day. it was 3am and i needed to pee, no other signs happening at all (apart from the evening before that i was really really ****ed off and over being pregnant so much more than i felt before) anyway went to the loo got back into bed and whoosh - i thought i wet myself lol, i got out of bed and sat on the loo and asked my dh to come in with some pads (well he brought in the breast pads pmsl) anyway it just gushed and gushed and gushed, rang the hospital they said come in when i feel like it, so had a shower something to eat then headed in around 5.30am, i was not having contractions and i was still gushing everywhere - i had about 4 pads on and sat on a towel in the car and the seat still got wet, i walked or should i say waddled into the hospital leaving a trail dripping behind me lol. anyway ob examined me and informed it was only my hind waters and there was alot so he broke the forewaters and started me on the drip.

ds - waters broke of there own accord around 15mins prior to ds being born

dd - waters broke in hospital after being induced (gel) there was meconium in the waters and it was only a small gush nothing like with my first dd, ob broke the rest and she was born shortly after.

My waters broke right towards the end of a 72 hour labour with my DD. Probably about 2 hours before she was actually born.

Was a bit of a non event for me because I was in the bath when it happened, only reason I knew it had happened is because that contraction was by far the strongest and I had meconium in my waters so you could 'see it' in the bath water. Ew.

With Miss M my waters broke at 7am a day be we were due. I rang the hospital and went in at 9am, I wasn't in labour so they sent me home and said to go back at 7am the next morning if nothing had happened. I went into labour at 12.30am and ended up with and emergency c/s. I slept on a 'bluey' from the hospital for about the last 3 weeks with a towel over the top as I didn't want to ruin our mattress if my waters broke. Lucky!

My waters did not break but i had the show. The ob had to break my waters i had a 12 hr labour and a dam big baby came out 10 pound 5.

The day before i was cleaning (nesting) i then got period like pains in the arvo and by 10.30pm called the hospital to see if i should go in. They said yes. I went to the loo and then thats when i had the show. Off we went speeding in the car DH freaking out as the contractions getting more full on. Arrived at the hospital and all went smoothly from there.

Jen