Thread: Worrying about baby engaging

stephanie Guest

Default Worrying about baby engaging

Hi Everyone

just wondering if anyone has anythoughts about when my babys head might engage and what happens if it does etc etc. I'm due in 7 days and when i asked the dr today he didn't really answer me.

So any thoughts/tips/advice you could give me would be great

Love steph

Hi Stephanie

Everyone is different. I began to engage at 30wks with this baby. But I have a friend whose baby didn't engage at all till her waters were broken !! I know this doesnt' offer much advice but try not to worry about it too much.

Do you have a pregnancy handbook that your doctor writes in and you get to take home with you? That might say something.

Love :smt049

stephanie Guest

I barely get a hello let alone a pregnancy book

I am seeing my chiro in 2 days and she is going to bring on my labour hopefully which i'm very happy about but i guess in a way I feel like the baby should be engaged before she does anything... I guess I'll talk to her about it before she does anything. I'm much more comfortable talking to her than my ob...

Love steph

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

stephanie,

Unfortunately baby engages when he / she feels like it. Sometimes they start engaging weeks before in measurements of fifths (e.g. 1/5, 2/5 etc), but it is also common for baby to engage or fully engage just before labour too - so there is no way to tell.

Good luck for an wonderful labour!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

stephanie Guest

Ok cool so I guess its no huge drama that it hasn't engaged yet....

Btw kelly i received the preggiepops yesterday and am dying to eat them but trying to be good and saving them for the birth

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

LOL stephanie - I know what you mean!!! I opened a pack today, I hadn't tried the tangerine yet and it was so yummy!!! Just like orange fizz wizz mMMmmM better stop thinking about them or I will have to have another LOL!!!

Thanks for supporting us!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.