thread: You know you're getting desperate when . . .

Apr 2006
    Perth

You know you're getting desperate when . . .

you start analysing the dog's behaviour to indicate if you're close to going into labour

I've given up trying to read my own body - strong, regular prelabour almost unabated for three days now (on top of the coming and going pre labour of the last couple of weeks) and lots of trips to the toilet (sorry for the TMI ladies!) and I don't have the slightest feeling that I'm close.

BUT . . . today the dog literally won't get out from under my feet. DH works from home, so the pooch normally spends his time meandering between the two of us but today I can't get rid of him so I'm starting to wonder if he knows something I don't.

Getting desperate or what???

Jan 2011

You poor thing. These bubbas are being stubborn! That being said if the dog can sense it we should all have one!!
    Let's hope he's right!! They do say animals can sense things, might be able to pick up a change in smell from the hormones.

Fingers crossed!

Nov 2008

BAHAHAHAHA

No…not desperate. And I only find it so amusing because that's the EXACT same thing I did my first pregnancy. Analyse the dog behaviour that is. And, not to get your hopes up, but my three dogs became my own personal leeches about 18 hours before my waters started leaking. SO your dog could be sensing something….. Or it could just be sensing your stress and tension and just generally wanting to give you comfort too….

May 2011
    Adelaide

You never know. Dogs do have a weird way of sensing things. A friends dog was constantly under her feet as soon as she fell pregnant, and then when another friend fell pregnant, he was constantly under her feet too. If your dog is behaving differently, it could very well mean things are happening. FX for you that that's exactly what it means! Good luck

Dec 2007
    Hork-Bajir Valley

ooo! I was at a coffee shop the other day and there was a dog that kept looking at me!! does that count?

=P

Apr 2006
    Perth

I'm sure it does Teirae ;-)

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

You are BOTH definitely going into labour.

Some time in the next two weeks.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Not desperate at all.....you're going to have a baby by morning!!
    And i'm a know-it-all, trust me on this!

*runs off to chase the wind*

Jan 2008

That's exactly what my dog did the day I had DD........ can't wait to see your BA

Jan 2011

Any news luluHB? Was the dog onto something??

Apr 2006
    Perth

Nah. I think I just have a dumb, soppy dog!! I might give him the benefit of the doubt though and give it until morning ;-)

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Its only 8.26pm here in Perth, plenty of time

Jan 2011

Come on doggy be right!!

Apr 2006
    Perth

Bad Doggy!!!! ;-)

Mar 2006

Hun you better get a wiggle on because there is only 1 1/2 days of May left and I really want you to have three May babies.

And you know that it is all about me hun. Plus I'm just dying to hear that your little princess is here safe and sound and her name.

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

She's off line - maybe doggy was right after all?

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Stalkin'...

Stalk stalk...

Apr 2006
    Perth

You guys are funnneeeeee. I was offline cos I was at my OB's. Got a bit of blood in my urine today, which the midwife said could be a sign that my cervix is finally starting to do something so I've got everything but my legs crossed! The girls both have the next two days off school with teachers away at a conference so we have lots of fun stuff planned to do with them so it would make sense for bubs to come tonight to spoil the plans. I can live with that ;-)

I'd like my last May bub too Dan. Makes a nice little symmetry that OCD people like me get ridiculously happy about!