Thread: Alia college

Default Alia college

Anyone have any experience with this school? We have decided to send our boys there, it is a very impressive school. It has an academic focus in a nuturing and creative encironment. It is co-ed, independent and has a tolerant focus. Students have a voice and are encouraged to run meetings and unstructured discussions. This is also a forum where students can voice their approval/disapproval of anything. they teach with personal attention and encourage a view beyond the narrow constrictions of sterotypes. it has very small classes (talking around 10 per class). it gave me the feeling of a home away from home atmosphere. It is a beautiful old building in inner east of melbourne. i would love to here from others who have heard about it.
    beckles

It sounds wonderful - I'm sure your boys will enjoy it.

it sounds wonderful!

haroldandmaud0 Guest

Thumbs up

Hi Beckles - My wife and I are happy to say that we have 2 children at Alia College-Our eldest boy is in year 12 and started there in year 9- after a shaky start at another high school full of bullying Alia was a welcome change Xan has been allowed freedom and choice at Alia- he has also learnt that with this freedom comes responsibility- I believe the wonderful teachers have realy given him appropriate guidance and we could not be happier. We applied for a place for our second son and the interview process was as strict and gruelling as the first time- Bob makes sure that the "right" students enter the school and even tho we had a child attending it was not a guarantee he would be accepted. I hope you are as happy there as we have been -Jason

Quote Originally Posted by beckles View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this school? We have decided to send our boys there, it is a very impressive school. It has an academic focus in a nuturing and creative encironment. It is co-ed, independent and has a tolerant focus. Students have a voice and are encouraged to run meetings and unstructured discussions. This is also a forum where students can voice their approval/disapproval of anything. they teach with personal attention and encourage a view beyond the narrow constrictions of sterotypes. it has very small classes (talking around 10 per class). it gave me the feeling of a home away from home atmosphere. It is a beautiful old building in inner east of melbourne. i would love to here from others who have heard about it.
    beckles