Thread: First day of prep today!

Default First day of prep today!

Ashlea started school today

She was all ready to go by 8.00am, she looked adorable

She was so excited, I was a bit nervy but then again know she'll be just fine

I stayed for the assembly and the she gave me a kiss and a hug and told me I could 'shoo off home now' What a little dork

You couldn't wipe the smile off her face

I didn't cry! Woohoo

She's got a list of who she wants to go and visit today after school to show off her uniform

Ohh, how cute!!
    I remember when my DD had her first day - she looked so little & i was so worried she'd be scared & want her mummy but i got the same thing you did - she wanted me to leave! Your braver than me - i got into my car & bawled my eyes out!!
    Im sure she'll have a fantastic day!

Thats Wonderful Dee :biggrin:
    I'm so happy that you didn't cry, your stronger then what I'm going to be when Kayla start tomorrow :frown:
    Did Ashlea get much sleep last night or was she to excited??
    I can't believe how quickly its gone. We only have less then 24 hours to go. (OMG,OMG,OMG)

Raven

Dee well done for not crying!! LOL at Ashlea telling you to 'shoo off home now'. I hope she has a great first day.

Ash slept really well, it was me that didn't!!
    I was awake long before her and I am SO not a morning person

I was feeling a little sad as I was getting in the car to leave but DP called and made me feel better

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Gosh I am not looking forward to this next year, I WILL cry I know it. Hopefully I will have SOME composure and be able to hold it in until the car!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Aww congrats to both of you Dee. Sounds like your big girl is really ready for school.

I'm sure she'll be bursting full of news to share you when you pick her up. I hope my girl does too, and she's starting grade 4!

mooshie Guest

Aww how lovely, she sounds so ready for school.

my ds started grade 1 today and i was worse than i was last year (i actually cried today when i got in the car lol) i think it is because we had such a lovely holiday together and he was so good and great with his sister, also the fact he hasn't got any close friends in class. he was a little nervous but said he was fine, gosh i can't wait until 3.30 to pick him up, unfortunately my ds doesn't like to share what he does at school - "secret kids business" lol.

Ashlea had a great day. She told me she leant that in class you have to listen with your eyes, your ears and your heart

She asked is she can sleep in her uniform tonight, and is looking forward to bed time to read her school reader.

Kel, there was one mum sobbing and her daughter was sobbing and she ran out all upset, poor mum!

Dp kept me nice and busy all afternoon and told me not to go for a lap past the school on my way over at lunch time

Shes very excited about tomorrow!

Well done at having her ready so early! Giorgia was beside herself with excitement and we had at least 20 moodswings whilst getting ready! but she too said "ok mum I think you should go now" She cried when my dad picked her up this afternoon as she didn't want to leave!
    I'm really glad it went so well for you- I thought of you this morning!

oh fantastic girls!! I was thinking of you Nickel this morning as well... such big girls now.

Nickel, glad to hear Giorgia's first day went well too!